Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Starting in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 the Back Up Company and Restore Company windows, found under Microsoft Dynamics GP, then Maintenance and then Backup and Restore, have been changed to allow users to use a Microsoft Azure Storage Blob to hold their Microsoft SQL Server database backups. Both windows have been changed to add the Use Microsoft Azure storage option:
First, if you attempt to select the option when Dynamics GP 2013 R2 is running on a build of Microsoft SQL Server prior to 2012 SP1 CU2 (build 11.00.3339) you will receive the following message:
The other prerequisites involve the configuration of Microsoft Azure itself, and those steps include:
1) Create a Microsoft Azure Storage Account:
2) Create a Blob Container:
In order to utilize the Use Microsoft Azure storage option to store your Dynamics GP database backups you need to do the following:
1) In the Azure Dashboard:
a. Create a Storage Account
b. Create a Blob Container
2) Log into Dynamics GP 2013 R2 as a user who is also an administrator in SQL Server.
3) Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics GP, then Maintenance, then Backup or Restore.
4) Mark Use Microsoft Azure storage.
5) Browse to the storage account you created in step 1. Select the Containers tab on the top of the page, make note/copy the URL field. This will go in the URL to containerfield on the Dynamics GP Backup and Restore windows.
6) From the bottom center of the web page, click MANAGE ACCESS KEYS. The storage account information is displayed. The STORAGE ACCOUNT NAME and PRIMARY ACCESS KEY will be required in the Storage account name and Access keyfields on the Dynamics GP backup and restore windows.
7) Click Verify Accountto ensure your information is correct. You will see the following if the test is successful:
8) Note the File Namethat will be used and change it if necessary.
9) Click OKto backup or restore the database.
We hope you’re as excited about this new functionality as we are here on the team.
Click HERE for detailed documentation and VIDEO!!!
Business Applications communities