SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics GP 2015R2 Upgrade - Please select a company

Microsoft Dynamics GP Forum

Ugan asked a question on 1 Oct 2015 3:23 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi

I have successfully completed an upgrade from GP2013R2 to GP2015R2 but the users get an error on their initial login to a company.

Has any one come across this before, all companies have updated and data and forms are all correct.

Install is on a Terminal Server no client workstations.

Thanks',Ugan

Ugan responded on 1 Oct 2015 3:24 PM
My Badges
Ugan responded on 4 Oct 2015 9:50 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi

I have resolved this issue by restoring the GP2013R2 Databases in SQL and re-running the GP2015 Utilities and updating the databases. This is the only way that I could get rid of this random message when logged into a company.

Kind Regard's,

Ugan

Béat Bucher responded on 5 Oct 2015 8:13 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Ugan,

Looks like something did not upgrade properly from your previous GP versions... I'd have bet on the company access security tables, but it could be anything.

Vaidhyanathan Mohan responded on 23 Nov 2015 7:39 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I had same issue. Realised that it was due to "Remember this company" option that the user had selected. The company that he had chosen as default was not part of the upgrade, therefore the message.

I am not sure if this would resolve your issue, but in my case it did.

Leslie Vail responded on 12 Feb 2017 1:13 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Guys,

I know this is old, but I thought I'd answer it just in case someone else had the problem. If you are experiencing this problem, you need to modify your SY01402 table. syDefaultType 70 stores the companyID number of the company the system is trying to launch. If that company isn't there anymore, the dialog will appear and will not close until you close it. If you edit the SY01402 table in the DYNAMICS database, you can fix it. You can remove the syDefaultType =70 records or change the SYUSERDFSTR value to a company ID that exists in your current installation.

Kind regards

Leslie

Ugan responded on 4 Oct 2015 9:50 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi

I have resolved this issue by restoring the GP2013R2 Databases in SQL and re-running the GP2015 Utilities and updating the databases. This is the only way that I could get rid of this random message when logged into a company.

Kind Regard's,

Ugan

Béat Bucher responded on 5 Oct 2015 8:13 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Ugan,

Looks like something did not upgrade properly from your previous GP versions... I'd have bet on the company access security tables, but it could be anything.

Vaidhyanathan Mohan responded on 23 Nov 2015 7:39 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I had same issue. Realised that it was due to "Remember this company" option that the user had selected. The company that he had chosen as default was not part of the upgrade, therefore the message.

I am not sure if this would resolve your issue, but in my case it did.

Leslie Vail responded on 12 Feb 2017 1:13 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Guys,

I know this is old, but I thought I'd answer it just in case someone else had the problem. If you are experiencing this problem, you need to modify your SY01402 table. syDefaultType 70 stores the companyID number of the company the system is trying to launch. If that company isn't there anymore, the dialog will appear and will not close until you close it. If you edit the SY01402 table in the DYNAMICS database, you can fix it. You can remove the syDefaultType =70 records or change the SYUSERDFSTR value to a company ID that exists in your current installation.

Kind regards

Leslie

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS