Financial Summary Inquiry

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Alexander.C asked a question on 17 Jul 2017 10:06 AM

Hi,

I am having a problem with Dynamics GP when i go to Inquiry > Financial > Summary and input the nominal account and select a period. 

Then i open up a particular journal entry and then source document (both written in blue). Before when i do this the Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom is shown which shows in detail the invoice in question (this is what I would want). But for some reason now I am getting the Receivables Transaction Inquiry instead.

Any ideas why this is happening please?

Thanks and regards,

Suggested Answer
Jeffrey Bricks responded on 17 Jul 2017 12:52 PM

Hi Alexander

When you drill down from the GL, either the SOP entry window or the Receivables Transaction entry window will open depending on which window was used to enter the original transaction.

To test this, I would find one of each type using the AR subledger and then find the corresponding GL entry (maybe use the AR Control account) to start drilling down from.

When you do this, is the correct window opening.  I just tried it on my test GP2016 system and it works as described.

Mariano Gomez responded on 17 Jul 2017 7:42 PM

Nothing bad is happening. It only means that the document in question was entered as a sales voucher in the Receivables module and not the Sales Order Processing module. Also, it would help if you can post pictures to let us see what you are seeing.

Alexander.C responded on 19 Jul 2017 2:31 AM

Hi All,

We always use the same process for such transaction please below find screenshots of this:

These are the transactions that were done early June right window is opening this is the right way for out audit process:

These are transactions that happened later in June:

Is there a way to have these displayed as the 1st one please?

Thanks and regards,

Jeffrey Bricks responded on 19 Jul 2017 8:43 AM

Hi Alexander

Please run the following script in SQL Management studio against your company database

Select * from SOP30200 where SOPNUMBE = '1358478'

this is the invoice number for the second screen shot.

If it does return a record then yes you have a problem.

If it doesn't return a record, run this script

Select * from RM30101 where DOCNUMBR = '1358478'

If a record is returned from this script it means that the transaction was entered as a Receivables Transaction entry and the drill down is working correctly.

Regards

Alexander.C responded on 24 Jul 2017 3:11 AM

Hi Jeffrey,

I had run the above query and it indeed return a record. And also when I execute the second query it returns a record as well.

Is there a setting I can do in order to change these please?

Jeffrey Bricks responded on 24 Jul 2017 3:59 PM

Hi Alexander,

When you run the script Select * from RM30101 where DOCNUMBR = '1358478'

What is the result from the field BCHSOURC

Alexander.C responded on 25 Jul 2017 9:31 AM

Hi Jeffrey,

When I run the above script the BCHSOURC that I have is 'Sales Entry'

Thanks and regards,

Suggested Answer
Jeffrey Bricks responded on 17 Jul 2017 12:52 PM

Hi Alexander

When you drill down from the GL, either the SOP entry window or the Receivables Transaction entry window will open depending on which window was used to enter the original transaction.

To test this, I would find one of each type using the AR subledger and then find the corresponding GL entry (maybe use the AR Control account) to start drilling down from.

When you do this, is the correct window opening.  I just tried it on my test GP2016 system and it works as described.