Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
we are implementing NAV2015 , our Old SW (Exolnet ) contains a lot of sales orders
What is the Best practice in that situation ?
Can we Use Rapidstart to import the Sales Line and Sales Header ?
How we deal with closed sales order which is order invoice and Shipped to the customer ?
is it better to keep the old sales order on the Old SW and begin from scratch in NAV and reports against old sales order ?
Here are My suggestions:
1) Always keep the old SW with "Read-Only"access.
2) Yes use RapidStart to import the Open Sales Headers and Open Sales Lines.
3) Closed (Posted) Sales Orders should not be imported. If the user needs historical data, they can use the Old SW for viewing.
4) Import open Sales Invoices
5) Import open Purchase Orders
6) Import open Purchase Invoices
7) Import any valuation (GL, Inventory) via RapidStart as "Balance Forward". Open AR & AP will be handled when importing the open Purchase and Sales invoices.
Basic "Cut-Over" procedures
more than perfect
Business Applications communities