What to do when you need a Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or POS 2009 product key; or when you have problems activating the product key

What to do when you need a Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or POS 2009 product key; or when you have problems activating the product key

• Comments 2

The RMS and POS Technical Support team does not have direct access to product keys. 

If you have a need to access new or existing product keys please try the following options:

1. CustomerSource

• If you purchased your product after April 2011, and are currently enrolled in an active Service Agreement with Microsoft Dynamics, you should be able to sign in to CustomerSource and view your product key.

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/customer/en-US/access-customersource/default.aspx

• In CustomerSource point to Select My Account; and then click Product and Service Summary. On the Product and Services summary page locate the product you are needing keys for and click Registration Keys. Once you select the Version click Display License Keys. The product keys should be displayed at the bottom of the page.

NOTE: If the PID (Product ID) Key column states "Please refer to PID card for key." the keys are not stored in the system.

2. Contact Sales Operations

• The Sales Operations Team may be able to issue a new product key if necessary; and may also be able to view existing product keys depending on when you purchased the product. If you purchased the Product key before April 2011 you will have to refer to the PID (Product ID) card that was provided.  If you do not have a copy of the PID card you can check with your partner, see below, or Sales Operations may be able to issue you a replacement.

3. Contact your Microsoft Partner.

• It is possible that if you had a Microsoft Partner install your system that they kept a copy of the PID (Product ID) card.

If you experience any problems with activating your RMS or POS product over the Internet please try to activate the product over the telephone. These are the only 2 ways to activate the RMS / POS product.

Hopefully this blog will help you resolve any issues you may encounter. 

Have a great week!

Todd Berger
Microsoft Dynamics RMS/POS Technical Support Escalation Engineer

• My customer has misplaced product key cards, how do I reach Sales Operations for replacements?  

• Hello JoseCrubio,

Thank you for your comment. I have listed the telephone numbers needed for this Blog.

Sales Operations: 1-800-456-0025

RMS Product Activation: 1-866-432-3012

POS Product Activation: 1-866-542-3062

Thank,

Nicole