Question Status

Suggested Answer
zeeshan shaikh asked a question on 16 Mar 2013 2:16 PM

Hello All,

Greetings,

its a challenge questions to all experts.

i have raise PO of 100 quantity and made GRN of 100 quantity, but i want to make 2 invoice like 50 qty of invoice separately and 50 qty of invoice separately.

when i post 2nd invoice then it error pop up :VOUCHER NUMBER:"########" IS ALREADY USED AS OF DATE "##-##-##" 

WORKING:

i have already changed sequences of invoice voucher in AP parameter. but i'm not able to post it. and that voucher number is not in use or not in conflict with other voucher series. 

Experts, waiting for your response to accept my challenge question.

Best Regards.

Suggested Answer
Sidick responded on 17 Mar 2013 8:47 AM

Hi Zeeshan,

For some odd reasons, you must uncheck the "Post product receipt in ledger" in the accounts payable parameters.

Account payable >> Accounts payable parameters >> Updates >> Post product receipt in ledger.

Sounds to be a bug..........

Best regards

Dynamics AX functional consultant

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Suggested Answer
HolliV responded on 30 Jan 2014 8:09 AM

Sandeep,

You were correct 2 number sequences were conflicting with each other.  Invoice costing receipt and invoice costing voucher were bumping into each other.  I added a VO to the voucher to make it unique.

Thank you.

mastervbnet responded on 17 Mar 2013 12:53 AM

Goto:

General Ledger Module >> Setup >> Parameters (GL Paramters Form) >> Ledger [Tab]

Try applying this setting in field:

Check for voucher used: [Accept duplicates]

re-check your invoice posting and see if this works....

Sandeep Chaudhury responded on 17 Mar 2013 2:46 AM

Hi Zeeshan,

If you want to have duplicate voucher numbers as suggested in below reply, then please check the voucher series, especially the number sequence format for the AP invoice voucher must be conflicting with others in other modules.

Regards

Sandeep

Regards,

Sandeep Chaudhury| Microsoft Dynamics AX Consultant | My Blog 

zeeshan shaikh responded on 17 Mar 2013 4:00 AM

thank you for your replies but i have already applied this. this ain't working at all...

any more suggestions, as its a challenge question, its a tricky one...!!

Sandeep Chaudhury responded on 17 Mar 2013 5:01 AM

I See. :)

Please try the following and you should be good.

1. Check the scope parameter for the number sequence. Make sure that is set to "Company"

2. Go to the Status list for the number sequence of the invoice voucher and check status for it. You could ask Dev./admin to manually clean this up so that it becomes free to use.

Thank you.

Regards,

zeeshan shaikh responded on 17 Mar 2013 5:05 AM

thank you very much for your prompt response, sandeep.

i did checked the status, its showing the same voucher number.

could you please explain me that how do i manually clean it via steps?

Sandeep Chaudhury responded on 17 Mar 2013 5:31 AM

Zeeshan,

The manual clean up of the number sequences is recommended to be performed only in rare situations.

Ideally the automatic clean up should be done in most scenarios. If automatic clean up failed unexpectedly to do the clean up, then you could choose do to the manual clean up.

It can be done by clicking  Administration > Manual Clean up > Current on number sequences form. Moreover, you will need the record ID of the number sequence code

I would recommend to have your developer/administrator to do this, as you need to trace the record ID first for the number sequence code which you want to free up.

Please have your developer do this task first in the TEST/DEV environment. Then you can try to do this in PRODUCTION environment in off-business hours.

Thank you.

Regards,

zeeshan shaikh responded on 17 Mar 2013 5:35 AM

Thanks Brother for replying. i'm trying to do it on Test Server, as i do not have DEV nor admin.

may i have your skype id or email id so i may share you my screen?

zeeshan shaikh responded on 17 Mar 2013 7:32 AM

it dint worked, Sandeep..!!

Suggested Answer
Sidick responded on 17 Mar 2013 8:47 AM

Hi Zeeshan,

For some odd reasons, you must uncheck the "Post product receipt in ledger" in the accounts payable parameters.

Account payable >> Accounts payable parameters >> Updates >> Post product receipt in ledger.

Sounds to be a bug..........

Best regards

zeeshan shaikh responded on 17 Mar 2013 10:50 PM

Thank you for your reply. it does allowed me to post the invoice but Purchase expenditure un-invoiced and Purchase Accrual ledger dint hit.

could you help me how do i be able to perform that invoice so all may hit accordingly?

Warm Regards,

Zeeshan Shaikh

Sidick responded on 18 Mar 2013 9:59 AM

Hi Zeeshan,

As i said in my previous message, it's probably a bug. I don't have a solution for that. I know what is causing that but don't know how to sort out the issue. I have tested this in R2 and cannot reproduce, may be has been fixed in R2.

My best regards.

zeeshan shaikh responded on 18 Mar 2013 10:13 AM

then how will i be able to make partial invoicing.

here is the scenario:

PO raise for 10 qty, made grn with 10 qty but vendor sent us 4 qty of invoice 1st then 6 qty for second invoice.

what i do for 1st invoice, after clicking on invoice button, while creating invoice i click on match product receipt and change the qty into 4 and then change the qty 4 in lines too, then i post it.

but when i invoice remaining invoice it send me above error, voucher number is already used as of date.

what should i do with it?

Sidick responded on 18 Mar 2013 10:24 AM

I agree with you, partial invoicing is just impossible or may be I am missing something (a setup or whatever). The best solution is to open a case and submit the issue to Microsoft.

My best regards.

zeeshan shaikh responded on 18 Mar 2013 10:29 AM

could you please explain me, how do i initialize case and submit the append issue to MS.?

i'll be very thankful to you, Brother.

Warm Regards,

Zeeshan

Sripathy Kannappan responded on 4 Apr 2013 12:15 PM

Did you figure out the answer. Identify number sequence code and on action pane >> admin > status list and delete the sequence # in question.