Question Status

Verified
Ankit Batra asked a question on 17 Feb 2015 1:46 PM

Hi,

It will be great if anyone can suggest a method to create a pallet transport when quarantine orders are started to move pallet from order location to quarantion warehouse location.

Currently system directly moves the pallet to the quarantine warehouse default receipt location or the location put on the quarantine order for quarantine warehouse.

Practically this creates a discrepancy since the system thinks that the pallet is in quar warehouse but physically it is still in the original location.

Thanks

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Feb 2015 3:30 PM

Hi Ankit,

Can you indicate if you are using the new WMS available in AX2012 R3 or are you using the legacy advanced warehouse module also known as WMS II?

In WMS II there is no option for a pallet transfer from the quarantine warehouse.

In the new WMS from R3 this process is supporting move of the license plates.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Ankit Batra responded on 17 Feb 2015 7:06 PM

I am using WMSII in AX 2012 R1 SP1. Any suggestions there?

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 18 Feb 2015 12:59 AM

HI Ankit,

In WMS II, there is no support for pallet movements. When creating the quarantine order, AX will create future inventory transactions which shows that the items with the pallet should move, but there is no "work" created to move the pallet in a warehouse. You will need a customization for this.

You have to know I'm glad the support in R3 WMS is better now.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Jyoti Choudhury responded on 18 Feb 2015 1:44 AM

AX 2012 CU6+

If you have the following parameters enabled:

1. Quarantine management in the item model group

2. Pallet transports check box in the Item arrival journal>General tab

3. Warehouse locations setup

System will create a pallet transport from Main WH, inbound dock to Quarantine WH, receipt location. Only when you complete the pallet transports, a Quarantine order will get started.

If you are not using automatic quarantine order (i.e. creating a quarantine order automatically when items are received), then yes, the quarantine order itself will not create any pallet transports.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 18 Feb 2015 12:59 AM

HI Ankit,

In WMS II, there is no support for pallet movements. When creating the quarantine order, AX will create future inventory transactions which shows that the items with the pallet should move, but there is no "work" created to move the pallet in a warehouse. You will need a customization for this.

You have to know I'm glad the support in R3 WMS is better now.

kind regards,

Verified Answer
Jyoti Choudhury responded on 18 Feb 2015 1:44 AM

AX 2012 CU6+

If you have the following parameters enabled:

1. Quarantine management in the item model group

2. Pallet transports check box in the Item arrival journal>General tab

3. Warehouse locations setup

System will create a pallet transport from Main WH, inbound dock to Quarantine WH, receipt location. Only when you complete the pallet transports, a Quarantine order will get started.

If you are not using automatic quarantine order (i.e. creating a quarantine order automatically when items are received), then yes, the quarantine order itself will not create any pallet transports.