Question Status

Suggested Answer
amgad aboul seoud asked a question on 7 Nov 2012 2:24 AM

when i open  account format form in GP 9 there's  a message error appears  "you must have unlimited access account to open this window"

Suggested Answer
Mohammad Daoud responded on 8 Nov 2012 8:37 AM

I would check the Account Level Security and make sure it is not activated, please go to Tools>> Setup>> Company >> Company and make sure that Account Security is unchecked, if it was checked and you have your account level security was correctly setup, you need to make sure that the user you are using own access to all accounts.

*** If my answer resolved you issue, please verify the answer to make it easy for other users who has the same case ***

Regards,

Mohammad R. Daoud MVP-MCT

Have you seen the GP Excel Paste yet? http://di.jo/GPExcelPaste.aspx

Jonathan Boice responded on 7 Nov 2012 3:46 PM

Hello Amgad!

Unfortunately, support for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 ended on January 11, 2011.   

***Payroll support for the 2011 Round 2 Tax update ended on February 18, 2011.

To ensure you are on a supported version of Microsoft Dynamics GP, please update to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 or higher.

Update to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0: mbs.microsoft.com/.../hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm

Update to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010: mbs.microsoft.com/.../hottopic_mdgp2010_update.htm

Note: Tax and regulatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 will retire after January 11, 2011.

Please see Support Lifecycle by product for currently supported Dynamics products and services packs

(support.microsoft.com/.../lifeselectmonbus), Support Lifecycle policy

(support.microsoft.com/lifecycle) for more information on the overall policy, and the communication on the Support Life Cycle page for communications about the Support Lifecycle Policy (support.microsoft.com/.../lifean41).

Richard L. Whaley responded on 8 Nov 2012 8:15 AM

Of course, the end of support does not prohibit independents from making suggestions.  

1.  Consider upgrading ASAP

2.  Do you have Power User rights?  Try logging into GP (or have someone log in for you) with the SA user id and password and see if the problem still exists.

3. Consider upgrading ;)

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

Suggested Answer
Mohammad Daoud responded on 8 Nov 2012 8:37 AM

I would check the Account Level Security and make sure it is not activated, please go to Tools>> Setup>> Company >> Company and make sure that Account Security is unchecked, if it was checked and you have your account level security was correctly setup, you need to make sure that the user you are using own access to all accounts.

*** If my answer resolved you issue, please verify the answer to make it easy for other users who has the same case ***

Regards,

Mohammad R. Daoud MVP-MCT

Have you seen the GP Excel Paste yet? http://di.jo/GPExcelPaste.aspx