Simple one here.

I have been running the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook for some time now and loving it. Since the latest update to v9 on our instance I noticed the new Unified Interface flow through to the App in Outlook, but one feature I was keen to try was missing. The PIN to allow us to pin the sidebar without having to open it each time.

Luckily a quick search of the docs.microsoft.com site found this hot tip.

If you are version 8.2.2.1458 or higher and do not see the option to pin App in Outlook Desktop 2016 for Windows, you may need to redeploy the App. To redeploy the App, please navigate to Dynamics 365 App for Outlook under Settings. On this page, select ADD APP FOR ALL ELIGIBLE USERS option on top of the user grid. You can also choose to change the view to Eligible Users with the App, then select the users from the grid and choose ADD APP TO OUTLOOK. This will redeploy App for Outlook to the selected eligible users.

So after I re-deployed the App I was able to see/use the Pin in Outlook.

Side-note, I actually prefer the older v8.2 look/feel of the App for Outlook versus the new Unified Interface v9 feel. There seems to be many more clicks required to Set Regarding, or use Email Templates etc. Oh well, can’t win them all.

Daniel Hesketh SignOff

The post App for Outlook PIN Missing appeared first on MiiiA Pty Ltd.