Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Customer Service updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Customer Service and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Customer Service video
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I want to replace the entity "Product" in sandbox instance by the "Product" from my dev instance. I created a temerally solution which only have Product entity, export it and then import it into sandbox. Now the question is how can I replace the Product(in sandbox) with Product(from dev)?
Please direct me a way. Thanks.
Though I am confused with your questions as you have mentioned that you updated Product entity from Dev to Sandbox and then again you are asking how you can replace Product entity in your sandbox from your dev?
In anycase, to update the entities, you need to follow the same steps, i.e.
1) In Source environment, create solution, add entity and export solution. Ensure that you don't add any other component which you don't want to update in target environment.
2) In Target environment, import the solution exported from your source.
Hope this helps.
Actually the whole process like this:
1. I need export the solution(name is, for example, my_abc) from dev instance and be going to import into sandbox instance to same name solution.
2. Before import it into sandbox instance, I have backup the Product entity by create a solution named my_backup and only left one entity Product.
3. After import my_abc into sandbox, the soluton in sandbox(name also my_abc) has been totally replace by the solution from Dev instance.
4. now in sandbox, I want to use the Product entity in my_backup solution to replace the Product entity in my_abc solution.
How to do that?
Sorry for so much confusion, anyway I want to keep the customization of Product entity in sandbox NOT be overwrote by the same entity from dev instance.
CRM unmanaged solution will merge/overwrite the existing customizations whatever order you do.
The entities exists in your system and not on the unmanaged solution. Unmanaged solution is just like container. This means if you have 3 unmanaged solution in your system and all 3 contains product entity, if you update the product entity in one solution, it will be updated in all the solutions. So it doesn't matter under which solution you have your entity, if you update the entity either manually or by importing any solution, it will actually update the entity.
Regarding, "4. now in sandbox, I want to use the Product entity in my_backup solution to replace the Product entity in my_abc solution.", you can simply import your back up solution in your sandbox environment.
Hope this help
Thank you all for valuable answer.
Business Applications communities