SBX - Forum Post Title

Upgrading from 7.3 to 8.0 database Update

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

SergiPB asked a question on 13 Oct 2018 8:30 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

I am doing the update from 7.3 to 8.0 I am trying to figure out how to apply the database update package. I was able to apply in in DEV through LCS, but in UAT this package is not visible and LCS Apply Updates shows as "To apply Data Upgrade packages, please open an upgrade request."  Where do I make this request from, I am not seeing this specific request.

The package is:
DataUpgrade-8-0
Description
Deployable package that upgrades data from earlier application releases of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations to the 8.0 release (April 2018), running on platform update 15 or newer.

Thanks

Suggested Answer

Hi SergiPB,

I assume you mean Tier 2 under "UAT". There is a button "Upgrade" near "Maintain"on environment's details page. However, it is available only if customer is live; otherwise you have to simply delete environment and re-provision new 8.0 and deploy upgraded code.

Sohail Sheikh responded on 15 Oct 2018 6:44 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hey, have look this blog, I have write in detail about 2-tire environment upgrade

d365technext.blogspot.com/.../upgrade-environment-using-lcs-d365.html

Suggested Answer

Hi SergiPB,

I assume you mean Tier 2 under "UAT". There is a button "Upgrade" near "Maintain"on environment's details page. However, it is available only if customer is live; otherwise you have to simply delete environment and re-provision new 8.0 and deploy upgraded code.

Sohail Sheikh responded on 15 Oct 2018 6:44 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hey, have look this blog, I have write in detail about 2-tire environment upgrade

d365technext.blogspot.com/.../upgrade-environment-using-lcs-d365.html

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS