Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Learn about installation, licenses and upgradesGuides overview | FAQ
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
The Video table does appear in the Canvas app but there is no reference to a video file only a name or a thumbnail etc.
Please advise on how to play a Guides Video in Canvas App.
Thank you for your query.
Please refer the articles below,
Hi Michael, I saw that Protim provided some links to the Power Apps documentation (thanks Protim). If you are specifically having issues with pulling videos from Dynamics 365 Guides (a mixed reality training app), then let me know and we can dig deeper.
As I know not all video formats are accepted in Canvas app. here are the formats it supports
If you'll ever need a file converter, try one from movavi. It has more than 180+ formats.
I hope you are doing well.
A few questions you could help me with as I'm building the Guides/ios app.
1) Will connectors be able to be used inside the Hololens 2 the same way they can be used in the guides/ios canvas app?
For example I can use a PDF viewer or an SAP connector in the canvas app. Will it have the same functionality using guides and the Hololens 2?
2) Can a Field Services order be integrated with both Guides/ Hololens2 and the guides/ios app? Is there an example
3) I read that Visual studio integration is coming to the canvas app. Is there a plan for visual studio integration for the Guides app as well?
Thank you in advance,
1) You can link to a Power App as described here docs.microsoft.com/.../pc-app-website-powerapps-link. I'm not familiar with connectors but if you give me an example or more details I can look into how they would behave on the HoloLens.
2) Yes, Guides can be integrated with Field Service, e.g., you can assign a guide to a technician on a service call. Here are the docs: docs.microsoft.com/.../field-service
3) Not in the short term. We aim to make Guides "code free" so anyone can build a guide without programming skills. However, you can integrate with Guides data using the DataVerse (formerly CDS) APIs and there are a variety of tools available. More info here: docs.microsoft.com/.../developer-entity-reference
I just updated to the new version of Guides today.
Im trying to play a video in my canvas app.
The video table and the ThisItem.File.FileName column do show up.
However when trying to launch a video I get this message "Check if there is a typo in arvr-103%20explode%20tutorial.mp4."
It doesn't seem to translate the format properly...
Please advise on playing a video through the video or a gallery.
We've repro'd the issue and are looking in to it.
Are images loading properly?
I have been able to play the videos.
but I don't see how the video table relates with the the two new tables being introduced (instead of Guide Events)
Let me know your thoughts...
Have a great weekend,
The canvas app video player only supports video files less than 10MB.
You should be able to retrieve the video file by setting the Media property of the Power Apps video control to Step_List.Selected.Video.File.Value where "Step_List.Selected" references a specific Guides step.
Business Applications communities