Check out the latest Sales updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Sales and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Sales video
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am a system administrator for a CRM platform. I would like to our system to qualify a lead directly to an account, without creating a contact or an opportunity.
I have applied the settings that I thought would work, and verified the relationships between entities that I thought would be important. Unfortunately, when we qualify a lead and select for an account to be created, no account record is created. The system simply qualifies the lead, does not create nor open an account record, and does not link to any account records.
We currently have the following settings applied/confirmed:
I would like to (ideally) accomplish the following upon qualifying a lead:
I think it would help to have a general understanding of what SHOULD happen OOB when the lead is qualified and the system settings allow for only account creation. Then, our team can determine how many of these steps we might have to customize. Ideally, we are trying to not rebuild custom solutions for what we believe should work inherently in Dynamics.
Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or explanations, happy to answer any additional questions.
The OOB standard process : (On Qualification of lead)
1. System should create account (if company name available) and update the originating lead in account as current lead
2. System should create Contact and update the originating lead as current lead
3. System should create an Opportunity, update originating lead as current lead and navigate to Opportunity.
Based on your settings "Opportunity records by default upon qualifying a lead == NO", the process should be as below: (On qualification of lead)
1. System should show a pop up asking user to choose which records should be created
2. I hope based on your requirement, you should choose Account = Yes, Contact = No and Opportunity = No. Click OK
3. System should create Account and update the originating lead in account as current lead. System will not navigate to account created.
Customization and configuration for your specific requirements:
1. Create business process flow Stage 1: Lead and Stage 2: Account.
2. Choose the underlying relationship between two stages as "Originating Lead"
3. Add this BPF to your App and make it default BPF for lead
4. On qualification of lead, account is automatically created and on click of "Next Stage" in BPF it will take you to the new account created.
5. If you need system to automatically navigate to the account, this can be achieved by plugin. On Qualification of lead change the BPF stage programatically via plug-in. This will change the stage automatically and on qualification user sees the account record.
1. The Parent Account Field in Lead is not meant to be updated by the qualification of lead. This is meant to be updated by user while creating the lead, if user understands lead is for an existing account. In this scenario, system will not try to create one more account, rather system will map the lead to the existing account.
2. I create the Lead-Account BPF and it is working for me. It is updating the originating lead in account.I tried this on OOB Sales hub. (no changes to any relations). Timeline shows related activities too.
Thanks so much for your thorough response! I did not understand the power of the company field, and as we had it renamed I had overlooked it. Once added, my leads are now properly qualifying into accounts and the activites associated with the lead do roll up. It is great!
Also, it is helpful to understand the Parent Account for Lead. Knowing that it is for existing accounts, we are able to remove it for our workflow.
Business Applications communities