Convergence will kick off in just a few days time, and a lot of people are getting ready. This is the great Microsoft Dynamics "Yearly Ball", in which a parade of people, vendors, customers and Microsoft themselves come together to share and connect, driven by all things Microsoft Dynamics.

There is going to be a lot of news, as Microsoft Dynamics as a whole is seeing a lot of product launches this year, including Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. As part of this coverage, there will also be plenty of talk around Microsoft Dynamics Cloud ERP, how it exists now, how it will exists, and what it will end up looking like. By far this Convergence is set to be one of the biggest yet, with the most impact, and most changes taking place in the Ecosystem.

With all the headline coverages, there is also important items that should be understood, and as my President, John Pence, of Sunrise Technologies, Inc. (www.sunriseconsult.com) pointed out, Self-Service BI is a topic that should be understood, followed, and that might not get the highlights as other hot topics, but one that customers need to make sure they check into. The reason this is, is that self-service BI offers a true business value add for a customer inevested into Microsoft Dynamics ERP.

Some of the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 coverage will show off this, with the sessions on Microsoft PowerPivot and it use with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. I having been writing about this specifically for a little while now, with my latest article found here.: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and the importance of PowerPivot This mixed with Report Builder v3.0 from SQL Server 2008 R2, along with other BI ISV offerings, means true self-service BI is a reality, today with Microsoft Dynamics AX.

There are also other topics that should be considered important, if your a customer, making sure you connect with your VAR, as well as any other ISV products you make use of. Attend AXUG birds of a feather sessions, and connect with fellow peers, in similar businesses and verticals. Make sure to take time, and booth hop, checking out the different offerings that exists from so many different Microsoft Partners, that could help you maximize your Dynamics ROI. Finally, make sure to have fun, and enjoy connecting with people, share, laugh and smile!

For sure Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2011 is going to be jamed packed with all kinds of information, and really to much for one person to take in everything. Make sure, as a customer, you have a game plan of areas that are a must for you, and then leave room for ad-hoc sessions to join, or meetings to take place. Also make sure to keep an eye on the twitter hash tag: #CONV11 as there will be plenty of coverage for this event, following through the social site, along with blogs alike. Post convergence, take the time to sift through all those business cards, and follow up emails, and prioritize the area's in which you and your company want, or need to focus on.

I did a small social expertiment on twitter, and asked for those excited to say one word about what they are most excited about. The majority of people stated: Connecting! That's the whole point of Convegerence, so make sure you take the time, connect, and enjoy! I hope to see you there!