Some weeks ago we downloaded and installed the second drop of AX 2012 R2 virtual machine, where SharePoint 2013 and online stores are in the main server (AX2012R2A).
Everything was fine, even the demo online stores (Contoso electronics & Fabrikam) run right, but last week suddenly something in the online stores sttoped working. In the place where is the product hierarchy now the following message is showed "Error loading navigation: TermStore not found".
Web service seems is working fine, because I can logon, register new users and customer favorite products are showed. The problem just affects to product navigation.
We downloaded and installed again the WM files, but we the issue continues in the new demo environment.
Any suggestion on this?
Many thanks in advanced!
it's a known bug in sharepoint 2013
workaround provided here
or here even
How to guide: workaround for Retail eCommerce issue related to Managed Metadata Service in SharePoint 2013
Also available in public source: http://infopedia/blogs/Pages/Tips-and-Tricks-10-Fix-eCommerce-issue.aspx
Thanks Ian & Sergey for your reply.
The url http://infopedia/blogs/Pages/Tips-and-Tricks-10-Fix-eCommerce-issue.aspx
does not look valid. Can you please share the complete url as I am facing a similar issue.
Likewise - I have the same issue but can't access the infopedia link and the mbs URL take you to the 'AX 2012 solution demos' page and I don't see any reference to a SP workaround..
Unless your VM is 2012 r2 CU6 MS has taken this link down as it has "probably" been resolved though this is not not mentioned in the r2 cu6 release note.
Download the new VM otherwise ask MS for the file again
I'm using the latest TAP CTP so I guess they've not resolved it yet :)
I've just tried to open the link I pasted above earlier and was able to successfully open it and see the article, could you please try again ?
Nope, it definitely doesn't work for me.. I tried in Chrome and Explorer. I note that there is no .com / .net in the URL...
I just have found the same issue in my demo VM. I run again the SQL script provided by Microsoft in the partnersource and it works again.
Attached is the SQL script. Note that you must execute it under the 'Managed Metadata Service_75cbf01bc9d3437ba63d24e7680842cc' database.
DECLARE @EmptyGuid AS UNIQUEIDENTIFIER
DECLARE @PartitionId AS UNIQUEIDENTIFIER
DECLARE @LogEntriesCount AS INTEGER
DECLARE @ErrorVar AS INTEGER
SET @EmptyGuid = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'
SET @PartitionId = NULL
SELECT @LogEntriesCount = COUNT(*)
IF @LogEntriesCount = 0
SELECT @PartitionId = PartitionId
WHERE PartitionId <> @EmptyGuid
IF @PartitionId IS NOT NULL
INSERT INTO [dbo].[ECMChangeLog]
([PartitionId], [GroupUniqueId], [TermSetUniqueId], [ObjectUniqueId], [ObjectId], [ObjectType], [ChangeType], [ChangeTime], [ChangeData], [ModifiedBy])
SELECT @ErrorVar = @@ERROR
IF @ErrorVar <> 0
PRINT 'Error while inserting log entry. Contact AX Retail Support. Error ID = ' + CONVERT(NVARCHAR(50), @ErrorVar)
PRINT 'The service has been successfully fixed. Partition ID=' + CONVERT(NVARCHAR(36), @PartitionId)
PRINT 'Cannot find active partition. Contact AX Retail Support'
PRINT 'This fix is not applicable to your system. Contact AX Retail Support. Number of log entries = ' + CONVERT(NVARCHAR(50), @LogEntriesCount)
Thank you very much for SQL script. It really helps.
The SQL Script worked great! Thank you!