SBX - Forum Post Title

Role Based Security

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

angelfriend asked a question on 18 Dec 2014 2:01 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

I am new to AX Dynamics 2012 development and i require help. Actually, I have got a requirement that users must view modules and specific menuitems according to their roles. I made roles and assigned duties and privileges according to requirement.But problem is that though the modules whose all menu items are hidden, their modules also vanishes and this is absolutely perfect. But if we navigate through File->View->Modules then there are list of modules that if checked shows all menuitems on that workspace irrespective of duties and previlages assigned. What is the possible solution to hide Modules from  

File->View>Modules navigation according to role and company .Please Help as soon as possible.

Sandeep Poonia responded on 18 Dec 2014 2:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

I'm not getting your problem directly. If you assigned duties and privileges and the user has NO system administrator role assigned, it should work like you defined the role.  Please check the assignment of the role System administrator.

Probalby you can download and use the Security Development Tool to evaluate and test the roles.

If the question is related to a person should have only acces to e.g. the Accounts Receivable menu but now also has access to Sales and marketing, this is caused by having the same menu item in both menus. It is then possible for a user to hide a menu, but cannot be secured.

Andinistrator responded on 18 Dec 2014 2:55 AM
My Badges

Hello,

maybe you got an higher rule on the systemuser, so every user can see all modul. Create an user with only the systemuser right, so you should see only the standard.

Default users got only systemuser and your specific rules. So the best way is to test only with systemuser.

I try this too, i can see only the start page.

angelfriend responded on 18 Dec 2014 3:38 AM
My Badges

Thanks for your quick reply. Let me show you the picture what I actually want. See the picture below:

I want Module menu item to be disabled or either only those modules should be visible in which user is given access right.

Andinistrator responded on 18 Dec 2014 4:23 AM
My Badges

Are these the permission of the standard system user? So we have to know to the configure the rules in this user or in other user. In default the system user only see the start page.

angelfriend responded on 18 Dec 2014 4:35 AM
My Badges

No . Actually this is after applying customized Finance Manager Role .I want same as yours that if user is allowed to use single module so there should be only one item in the Module Submenu as you have shown it.

Andinistrator responded on 18 Dec 2014 4:54 AM
My Badges

ok i guess (hope) the user got only 2 roles: systemuser and finance manager role 1. please take a test user only with systemuser rule. if this user can see only the start page, its ok.

is this true the manager role got rights like the administrator, i guess you using standard roles of ax, not own created.

keep in mind: if u set one duty to this user, he will the the modul in the task bar. i guess this is ax, i didnt find a NICE way to use a duty on a user without showing him the modul

Hi,

Was this problem solved or not? If not, please check the roles assigned to this user. Also check if the system administrator role is not included as sub role in your finance manager role.

Note that some duties and privileges gives access to menu items in multiple modules. Then reread my previous reply that in that case it is not possible to secure menus...

angelfriend responded on 18 Dec 2014 5:18 AM
My Badges

No Actually i am using my own role not of AX dynamics. I just gave an example of  Finance Manager . What I did is i took standard System Administrator role in a separate project named it as 'Finance Manager 1' role. As per requirement if i want to close module of Sales And Marketing then i made a copy of its  respective duties and privileges and deleted the original duties and privileges from my  customized 'Finance Manager 1' role and Copied the duties after deleting privileges that were necessary to vanish the menu item. Once i did this i applied Finance Manager Role to user then, it showed me that it has hidden entire module but when i go to file-> view ->Module as shown in above picture it also shows those modules in the list which were hidden and if we check the menu item then hidden module comes back. I hope now you understand my point and will give me solution. I want to tell you that I have not used Security Development Tool for this.

Did you really took the System administrator role and renamed this one? The system administrator role should be untouched in AX.

Try to create a new role from scratch or take another Accounting role as base.

PS you marked an answer as verified, so the thread got the status Answered now. That is the reason why I asked if it was solved.

angelfriend responded on 18 Dec 2014 5:25 AM
My Badges

i have removed system administrator role and then gave it finance manager role

angelfriend responded on 18 Dec 2014 5:26 AM
My Badges

no i made its copy i didnt touched original system administrator role

angelfriend responded on 18 Dec 2014 5:29 AM
My Badges

I made new role by keeping base as system administrator i didn't touch original System Administrator role

Hi can you share a screenshot of the Finance role? Or from the Security role form or the AOT with also the node sub-roles expanded.

angelfriend responded on 18 Dec 2014 6:09 AM
My Badges

I am sharing my finance manager role.

As there are so many duties in Finance Manager Role so i have to take picture in chunks.

Sandeep Poonia responded on 18 Dec 2014 2:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS