SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Making Tax Digital - UK taxation

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Dynamics - User asked a question on 6 Jun 2018 3:06 PM

Question Status

Verified

Hi All 

With the new HMRC Tax Regulations soon to be in place around 'Making Tax Digital' https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-tax-digital/overview-of-making-tax-digital

Is anyone aware of any tools or developments for AX 2012 which will help with this process?

serenky responded on 4 Jun 2019 11:36 AM

Hi Lee, could you please sent me the documents?

My email: Cher.Sergio@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance

Sergio

Udhaya Chandran Rajendran responded on 13 Jun 2019 9:34 AM
My Badges

Hi,

would be great if you could share the document across to me in uday2ch@gmail.com

/Uday.

Lee Duntides responded on 14 Jun 2019 3:17 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Udhaya, I've just added you to the Dropbox folder

My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Cher, I've added you to the Dropbox folder.

Kacper.Domagala responded on 14 Jun 2019 3:25 AM

Hi,

did you try to run this report? I have problem settlement period. The system pick up totaly diff time of period. Do you know what "Fulfiled" means? The system creates 2 lines with diff HMRC status, one fulfiled and one open. Only open can be used to generate VAT returns but it doesn't follow the time of period defined step before. Is this sandobox issue or maybe something went wrong with installation of the fix?

Please suggest

Br

Kacper

Lee Duntides responded on 14 Jun 2019 3:39 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kacper,

HMRC STATUS: This is the status of the particular VAT obligation on HMRC side. HMRC statuses can be:

• Open: needs to be submitted (before HMRC’s required deadline)

• Fulfilled: has been submitted, no further action required.

The status will update only after retrieving VAT obligations. When you have submitted a VAT Return for a period, the next time you retrieve VAT obligations the status of that obligation will be updated from Open to Fulfilled

The other status is the status of the same VAT obligation on AX2012 side. Statuses can be:

• Created: a new VAT obligation from HMRC which has not been submitted yet

• Generated: when you have generated JSON (draft) values but not submitted the VAT Return

• Submitted: when you have submitted VAT Return successfully

• Error: when your VAT Return submission was not successful

The time periods of the OPEN obligation: This is neither an issue with the Sandbox or with your environment. The testing scenarios are rather crude. There is a way to amend the scenario to illustrate the system's behaviour against a different circumstance but I have not tried it yet. My view is that because I can submit the OPEN obligation then the link between my environment and HMRC is working. And that is good enough for me (because I know my AX is generating VAT correctly already).

Hope this helps,

Lee

Udhaya Chandran Rajendran responded on 14 Jun 2019 9:23 AM
My Badges

Thank you Lee and Kacper

JoP responded on 19 Jun 2019 5:34 AM

Hi Lee,

I'm late to the party but need to sort out MTD.  Can you add me to the dropbox too or send me some info?  I need to try and get it sorted ASAP.  I'm worried it's going to be tricky and time consuming.  Thanks in advance.  Jo

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 5:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jo, please let me have your email address and I'll add you to Dropbox where you will have access to the Webinar and docs. Are you working on AX2012 R3 or D365FO? I've tested the setup in both and yes, it can be tricky. The first stumbling block is that MS docs don't include a paragraph on how to register with HMRC (essential part of the process). I think I've added sufficient notes to my docs. Good luck :-)

JoP responded on 19 Jun 2019 5:56 AM

Hi Lee,

Thanks for such a speedy response!  My e mail address is jpateman@journeygroupltd.com.  We are on Ax2012 R3.

Jo

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 6:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jo, I've added you to Dropbox. If you watch the webinar between 11 - 36 minutes, that's the section relevant to AX2012 R3. My doc also shows the process you have to go through to register with HMRC and set up your system. Shout if you get stuck.

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 6:05 AM
My Badges

Hi, were you able to resolve your issues and get the setup done?

Laurence Saunders responded on 19 Jun 2019 6:43 AM

Hi Lee, thanks for sharing the information (this thread has over 4,000 hits - surely MS should be making this information public?!) Please add me too; many thanks. lsaunders@ardensoftware.com

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 6:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Los, have added you to Dropbox :-)

Laurence Saunders responded on 19 Jun 2019 6:55 AM

Verified Answer

In my opinion, there is no need to buy an add-on from another partner. Microsoft is adding MTD support for AX2012 and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations in Q1 2019. If you are not running AX 2012 R3, you can upgrade or try to backport the MTD objects yourself.

Lee Duntides responded on 11 Mar 2019 4:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Keep track of news updates  with this link: fix.lcs.dynamics.com/.../Details;qc=70e75fb48ff8527bdebfa6253c48dd089ae387a37b182c8572838c201cd9f17f

Lee Duntides responded on 21 Mar 2019 5:05 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Michele, there was a webinar on 28/02 which focussed on MTD in D365FO and another webinar  on 14/03 which focussed on MTD for AX2012 R3 and also D365FO.

Webinar of 28/02 can be found here: docs.microsoft.com/.../united-kingdom

More information on MTD D365FO setup can be found here: docs.microsoft.com/.../emea-gbr-mtd-vat-integration

Webinar of 14/03 can be found here: www.axug.com/.../making-tax-digital-in-the-uk-vat-d;tab=librarydocuments

You will need to register to watch the webinars, should be straightforward.

Regards,

Lee

Lee Duntides responded on 21 Mar 2019 5:29 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

What's your email address. I'll see what I can do.

Lee Duntides responded on 21 Mar 2019 5:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You should receive a message from Dropbox :-)

Laurence Saunders responded on 11 Apr 2019 6:12 AM
Suggested Answer

The Uk 'Making Tax Digital' hotfix KB 4488588 is available for download from LCS as of today (11/04/2019).

Lee Duntides responded on 16 Apr 2019 11:26 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Done :-)

Lee Duntides responded on 17 Apr 2019 6:10 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Fraser, I have just sent you an email. Regards,

Lee Duntides responded on 20 May 2019 4:03 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Danny, give me your email address and I'll add it to my Dropbox folder, so you can see the files.

Regards

Lee Duntides responded on 21 May 2019 6:32 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Joe, yes of course I will. Lee

My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Udhaya, I've just added you to the Dropbox folder

My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Cher, I've added you to the Dropbox folder.

Lee Duntides responded on 14 Jun 2019 3:39 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kacper,

HMRC STATUS: This is the status of the particular VAT obligation on HMRC side. HMRC statuses can be:

• Open: needs to be submitted (before HMRC’s required deadline)

• Fulfilled: has been submitted, no further action required.

The status will update only after retrieving VAT obligations. When you have submitted a VAT Return for a period, the next time you retrieve VAT obligations the status of that obligation will be updated from Open to Fulfilled

The other status is the status of the same VAT obligation on AX2012 side. Statuses can be:

• Created: a new VAT obligation from HMRC which has not been submitted yet

• Generated: when you have generated JSON (draft) values but not submitted the VAT Return

• Submitted: when you have submitted VAT Return successfully

• Error: when your VAT Return submission was not successful

The time periods of the OPEN obligation: This is neither an issue with the Sandbox or with your environment. The testing scenarios are rather crude. There is a way to amend the scenario to illustrate the system's behaviour against a different circumstance but I have not tried it yet. My view is that because I can submit the OPEN obligation then the link between my environment and HMRC is working. And that is good enough for me (because I know my AX is generating VAT correctly already).

Hope this helps,

Lee

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 5:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jo, please let me have your email address and I'll add you to Dropbox where you will have access to the Webinar and docs. Are you working on AX2012 R3 or D365FO? I've tested the setup in both and yes, it can be tricky. The first stumbling block is that MS docs don't include a paragraph on how to register with HMRC (essential part of the process). I think I've added sufficient notes to my docs. Good luck :-)

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 6:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jo, I've added you to Dropbox. If you watch the webinar between 11 - 36 minutes, that's the section relevant to AX2012 R3. My doc also shows the process you have to go through to register with HMRC and set up your system. Shout if you get stuck.

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 6:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Los, have added you to Dropbox :-)

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 8:46 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Zoe, I've added you to my Dropbox, you should get an email shortly :-)

Lee Duntides responded on 19 Jun 2019 10:09 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello all,

MTD update for D365FO v7.3

I found out today that THERE IS a Making Tax Digital hotfix for D365FO v7.3

Details from Microsoft are:  

1. You will need to install the following hotfixes for v7.3:    

UK - RegF - VAT Statement submission changes (Making Tax Digital from April 2019) - AX 7.3

- KB 4489431

- KB 4492999

- KB 4493076

And UK - DCR - Making Tax Digital - fraud prevention - 7.3 KB 4504462      

2. D365FO v8.0 is out of support

3. Implementation is absolutely the same. Need to use the same documentation and approach as for v.10

Always learning :-)

Lee Duntides responded on 21 Jun 2019 8:38 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jason, have just added you.

Lee Duntides responded on 21 Jun 2019 8:43 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jaskin, unfortunately not. Microsoft has no solution for Making Tax Digital in AX2012 RTM and will not be developing one. Businesses on AX2012 RTM are advised to adopt Bridging Software or seek an external third-party that will act as an agent for you to submit your VAT Returns digitally to HMRC on your behalf. This will involve you uploading your VAT Return values in excel to the Bridging Software solution. The charge for this is between £500 and £1,000 per year I'm told (don't hold me to that). There is a list of available software on the HMRC website, or seek a credible high street provider.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS