SBX - Forum Post Title

Import of new ledger accounts to ax2012

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Tony111 asked a question on 7 Nov 2018 3:25 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi, 

Do you know if there is a way to import a list including several new ledger accounts simountanesouly into ax2012. Is there some import function available that updates the currect chart of accounts. I don´t want to create every single ledger account manually in the system. 

Many thanks in advance

Hello Tony111,

Your question sounds as if you want to delete existing accounts and import new ones. Is that right?

Have you already recorded transactions on the existing ledger accounts?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Tony111 responded on 7 Nov 2018 6:42 AM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig, 

No, I don´t want to delelte any accounts that are currently created in the system. The only thing that needs to be done is to import a list of new ledger accounts. 

Suggested Answer

Hi Tony111,

In my opinion the easiest and simplest way to realize this is with the help of the excel addin. If you only need to add a couple of records the excel addin is faster and easier to use than the Dixf.

Best regards

Ludwig

Tony111 responded on 7 Nov 2018 7:29 AM
My Badges

Could you please go through the steps that I must take to import the new ledger accounts. The path and necessary actions that I must perform.

Many thanks in advance

Good Morning Tony111,

Have you been able to upload your new ledger accounts?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi Tony111,

In my opinion the easiest and simplest way to realize this is with the help of the excel addin. If you only need to add a couple of records the excel addin is faster and easier to use than the Dixf.

Best regards

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS