SBX - Forum Post Title

Project Invoice Proposal Charges

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Gecel asked a question on 4 May 2019 4:16 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

I am currently checking on creating project invoice proposal but I cannot see how the charges were fill-out. Can anyone guide me how to add charges. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

What kind of charges do you want to include in the invoice?

What should those charges be based on?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Gecel responded on 4 May 2019 10:10 PM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig,

Thank you for the reply, this is regardless of what kind of charges, I am checking how the entry will be fill-out.

Verified Answer

Hello Gecel,

Please create a sales order that is linked to your project.

Create a sales order line for an item that you have on stock.

Create an item charge for your sales order line and post the packing slip.

Then create the invoice proposal.

You should now see the charge field filled with the charge entered at the project-Sales Order level.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Gecel responded on 5 May 2019 8:29 AM
My Badges

Thank you for your reply Ludwig, another thing is, how am I able to add charges to an item requirements? Basically, create a new item requirement through project will create a sales order, but I cannot add charges to it. However, in the item requirement there a field (column) which is line property , that is set to chargeable. Is setting this field to chargeable will let me add charges to customer? How am I going to do that? Is is possible to add charges through service order? Because in service order, I can able to create item requirements in the dispatch tab.

Suggested Answer

Hello Gecel,

An item requirement creates a sales order with the item requirement type. This sales order cannot be shipped and processed and is only there for technical reasons. That's why you cannot add anything to it. You can test whether auto inventory related charges overcome this issue. I am not sure and would thus like to ask you testing this.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Gecel responded on 17 May 2019 11:02 PM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig,

There were no auto charges being setup. So, I created this item requirement, posted and invoice and check the values of the highlighted field - charges, its 0.00. Now, I made an adjustment (Manage -> Adjustments), I modify the line property from no charge to charge, I check the value of charges after posting, it amounted to greater than 0. How it happened? Any setup that I should check?

He Gecel,

Can you share some screenprints that illustrate the charges that you see in the form and what has been adjusted?

Many thanks,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Hello Gecel,

Please create a sales order that is linked to your project.

Create a sales order line for an item that you have on stock.

Create an item charge for your sales order line and post the packing slip.

Then create the invoice proposal.

You should now see the charge field filled with the charge entered at the project-Sales Order level.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Gecel,

An item requirement creates a sales order with the item requirement type. This sales order cannot be shipped and processed and is only there for technical reasons. That's why you cannot add anything to it. You can test whether auto inventory related charges overcome this issue. I am not sure and would thus like to ask you testing this.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS