I have run into a strange issue with MRP. after a successful run of master scheduling, the requirements profile shows twice the quantity than that is actually required. when I run the Master scheduling for the item individually the required quantity gets updated correctly. What could be the issue?
It would be helpful to have more information e.g is this related to purchases or to production orders.
Do you use a forecast? if so then what is the reduction principle? Do you run a forecast plan? i.e.is mrp system seeing both forecast and sales order demand on the run where the problem occurs?
What are the negative days- and the coverage fence and the LT ? (low negative days can give this problem when order dates are changed).
Hi Sorry, i didnt provide more details earlier. This is related to the Production orders. We use demand forecast and use a monthly reduction principle. and we do run the forecast plan before running master scheduling. we have a negative days setup for 3 days the and the coverage time fence is 365 days. In general when MRP execution completes we see duplicate requirements and as soon as we run it manually for the particular item it shows correct values.
any pointers would be of great help. we have setup negative days as 3 days so that we do not have too much time where there is no coverage.
I suspect rush orders or order changes within the negative days. .
See this thread for some useful insights https://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/41087
Try running messages and look at the Explanation tab. https://community.dynamics.com/365/financeandoperations/b/timsaxblog/archive/2016/03/17/master-planning-explosion-explanation-in-ax-2012
Business Applications communities