SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Non stock item GR posting

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Kiet asked a question on 5 Jun 2019 8:31 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Dear all experts

We expect posting rule when performing goods receipt (GR) for non stock item is:

Debit : Expense account (the GL which indicated in PR -> PO)

Credit: GR/IR account (balance sheet account)

My current problem is no posting generated when perform GR. This is incorrect set up but I don't know how to fix it.

Can you please help?

Best regards

Suggested Answer

Hello Kiet,

How can you post a physical receipt of an item that is not physically tracked in inventory?

The standard AX functionality would post the expense at the time the invoice is posted because the assumption is that a non-stocked item, such as services you receive, etc. never arrive in a warehouse.

If you really want to post the expense early then you can realize this with the help of purchasing policies.

How this can be realized is described here:

dynamicsax-fico.com/.../post-product-receipt-in-ledger-for-procurement-categories

Please review this post and let us know if it answers your question.

Best regards,  

Ludwig

Hi Kiet,

What item type did you use and what settings have you made on the related item model group?

Mahim Kulbhushan Chauhan responded on 8 Jun 2019 3:27 AM
My Badges

Check item master and find item model group is stated as non stock than I dont think system will allow to make GRN as AX can not read to increase stock via GRN.  You can also check item group attached to it and it's master . You will be able to find which ledger is mapped to hit when selecting the particular group.

Most importantly  , Is your setup for accounting is integrated with inventory ? If not than AX will not post any accounting entries for  any inventory  based transactions .

Suggested Answer

Hello Kiet,

Is there any update on this issue?

Would be great if you could keep us informed here whether some additional help is needed or whether you have been able to get this fixed.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Kiet responded on 13 Jun 2019 8:09 PM
Dear Ludwig
thank you very much for your advice. We trying to test the setup as your advice. by the way, the service items that I mentioned are many kind of services (marketing, out side service, IT service.... ) which each service item that we want to buy to instructed posting to GL account state in PO (PR).
Best regards
Kiet
Suggested Answer

Hello Kiet,

How can you post a physical receipt of an item that is not physically tracked in inventory?

The standard AX functionality would post the expense at the time the invoice is posted because the assumption is that a non-stocked item, such as services you receive, etc. never arrive in a warehouse.

If you really want to post the expense early then you can realize this with the help of purchasing policies.

How this can be realized is described here:

dynamicsax-fico.com/.../post-product-receipt-in-ledger-for-procurement-categories

Please review this post and let us know if it answers your question.

Best regards,  

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Kiet,

Is there any update on this issue?

Would be great if you could keep us informed here whether some additional help is needed or whether you have been able to get this fixed.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS