Error in Movement Journal

This question has suggested answer(s)
Dear All,
I Have one item with physical available quantity 20.09, I inserted movement journal with -20.09 à system is showing this error
“0.00 cannot be picked because only 0.00 is/are available from the inventory.”
And I cannot post this movement. Any solution for this ?
All Replies
  • You need to match the correct dimensions for starters, so site, warehouse, batch etc. Then check on the status of the 20.09, it has to be available, is it picked, reserved etc.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• all the dimensions in OK, when I check the on-hand for that dimension it OK,

but if you notice the message "0.00 cannot be picked "

I found a hot fix for the same error in Prtener Source, but in another form. I dont know if this will solve my problem

mbs2.microsoft.com/.../kbdisplay.aspx

• It is the 0 are available that is critical, it may well pick these as part of the process but not relevant in my opinion unless it is a localisation issue. Can you show the on hand screen for the item with all dimensions in this forum?

Does your stock model group have picking enforced?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• please check this link

www.flickr.com/.../65482660@N06

• So 20.29 are on order, are these from your journal or another transaction - I guess from another as this would make it unavailable. However I can see this is modified, what are the packaging and brand just textual or are they also dimensions - I cannot see if they match. Others look okay but the picture is difficult to read.

The other advice would be to troubleshoot with a developer.

• Hi,

Surprising 0.00 being picked...! (instead of 20.09)

Try debugging this method [\Classes\InventOnhand\checkItemDraw] and trace the details why 0.00 is being picked

boolean  checkItemDraw(InventQty    _inventQty,
                           NoYes        _negativePhysical,
                           boolean      _addInfo = true,
                           PdsCWInventQty   _cwQty=0)  //FS PDS CW
    {
        InventSumDelta inventSumDelta;
        InventQty      availPhysPost;
        InventQty      availPhysDelta;

if (! _negativePhysical)
        {
            if (this.availPhysical() < (-_inventQty))
            {
                if (! _addInfo)
                    return false;

setprefix("@SYS70390");
                if (inventDimCriteria.preFix())
                    setprefix(inventDimCriteria.preFix());

if (!appl.inventUpdateOnhandGlobal().inventUpdateOnhand().isFinalCommit())
                    return checkFailed(strfmt("@SYS2176", -_inventQty,this.availPhysical()));
                else
                {
                    availPhysPost   = this.availPhysical();
                    inventSumDelta  = this.findSumJoinDelta();
                    inventSum.clear();
                    inventSum.addInventSumDelta(inventSumDelta);
                    availPhysDelta  = this.availPhysical();
                    return checkFailed(strfmt("@SYS2176",-availPhysDelta,availPhysPost-availPhysDelta));
                }
            }
        }
        return true;
    }

Don't forget to share your results after finding...

Good Luck...

• Dear All, I got the problem,

The stock available for this item contains some fractions and the system round this fraction to 20.09,  but when we try to deduce 20.09 from stock, the system is showing this error, I posted -20.08  instead of 20.09, but some fractions will remain in the stock on hand

• We are also facing the same problem. The stock in hand is .22 and when we are trying to issue for production .22 it is  showing error. We tried to issue .21 then it is ok. I don't know how to solve this issue.   This is problem due to fraction setting or round off.

• those numbers, are the size, weight, etc

do you place it on stock with different measurement, so recalculation occur, example oil barrel, contains xx  liter

is round off configured correct?