How to Delete Specific Transactions from AX-2009

This question is answered

Dear All

My client is using Dynamics AX 2009, there is a case where they have identified that they have entered some Sales Orders & some Purchae Orders in-correct, now they want a routine through which they can delete selected Sales Orders, Purchase Orders which are already invoiced.

These transactions should be deleted in such a way that Customers / Vendor Ledgers GL & Invenotry is updated. In order to explain the requirement followin is the example:

Following are the Posted POs:

1. PO 1 (invoiced) Amount 10,000

2. PO 2 (invoiced) Amount 5,000

3. PO 3 (invoiced) Amount 10,000

Now PO 3 is entered wrongly and they want to delete it through routine in such a way that its impact is deleted from PO Table, Vendor's Ledger Inventory Transaction & GL Transactions.

Transaction Reversal is not acceptable. Please help.

Regards

Muhammad Saad

Verified Answer
  • There is really no easy way of doing this.

Take a look at the class SysDatabaseTransDelete.  With some modifications you can use this class to delete transactions.  You would have to modify to specify transactions...  If you currently run it, it will delete all transactions in the company.

Be careful however.  Backup your DB and use a test environment for this.

Good luck.

• I have never used the framework but it claims it can purge transactions and still keep the DB consistent.  Most likely worth a look.

All Replies
  • There is really no easy way of doing this.

Take a look at the class SysDatabaseTransDelete.  With some modifications you can use this class to delete transactions.  You would have to modify to specify transactions...  If you currently run it, it will delete all transactions in the company.

Be careful however.  Backup your DB and use a test environment for this.

Good luck.

• Dear Kent

Thanks for the reply , yes I think you are right this is the only option, by the way how about using Intelligent Data Management Framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX?

Can this tool help?

Regards

Muhammad Saad

• I have never used the framework but it claims it can purge transactions and still keep the DB consistent.  Most likely worth a look.

• Thanks Kent. I will look into this and will try to update this post.

• Any luck Muhammed Saad on This Subject ?

• Well we are still waiting for our customer to confirm whether problem is solved or not