Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
This is Windows 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2012. Visual Studio 2010 is also installed.
I have used process monitor to view how setup is attempting to access various registry keys and local files, and one major problem is how it attempts to access 7.0A version of the SDK. I've tried various things to try trick the installer, but I am stuck. I am sure it is the gacutil utility it needs to make sure setup can continue, but installing Windows SDK 7.1 does not do the trick.
Anyone with any bright ideas before I create a support request on this. :-(
Here is a screenshot:
I have the same problem
See also community.dynamics.com/.../197884.aspx
Well, I have made sure the gacutil is located everywhere the installer looks for it, by using Process Monitor to view any unsuccessful attempts.
I've also installed the 8.0 SDK just to try see if that would make the necessary assemblies discovered by the installer.
Right now I am trying to first install this:
And then this:
This shouldn't be this hard. ;-)
I am using a Windows 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008.
Before I had installed Visual Studio 2010 Premium I received very strange errors, similar to “your errors”.
After installing Visual Studio 2010 Premium and updated it to the current version via windows update the prerequisite validation passed successfully....
I will probably do the same in my sandbox, but on this exact server I do not really want to install Visual Studio 2010. We already have it on the development box which is not running SQL Server. Obviously Visual Studio 2010 Shell is installed, along with BIDS.
I tried to install SP1 and the VS 2010 SDK, but it didn't make the installer pass.
So is the fix to install Visual Studio 2010 on my SQL Server 2012 server? I'd rather not do that if it can be avoided, but I cannot get past the prerequisite checks either.
try to download the package again. They definitely changed something (the executable is slightly bigger now and the date of it changed to 3/17/13).
Maybe the problem you are facing was fixed in there... But that's just a guess.
Thanks for the tip. The installer has changed.
Unfortunately for me, it still fails, even though the util is there.
I am getting failure on SDK for Widows Tools even after downloading and installing from new installation.
Take a look at this post. The Gacutil utility needs to be in a specific directory. This worked for me.
André Arnaud de Calavon
This issue is resolved by following below steps:
1- uninstall VS C++ redistributable (support.microsoft.com/.../de)
2- Install Framework 4.0 with Windows SDK 7
3- Install VS C++ redistributable again
4- Run check list again
This worked for me, too -copying the gcutil files into these paths:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Bin\NETFX4.0 Tools
Thanks everyone for your help!
I think now I´ve got it!
On the SQL-Server you have to install Windows SDK 7.0 for DotNet 3.5
and on AOS-Server you have to install Windows SDK 7.0 for DotNet 4.0
This worked for me, without using a "hack" :-)
Yes, but if you have already installed framework 4.5 which is also a pre-req you will not be able to install Windows SDK 7.0 for .Net 3.5. In that case you will have to do steps I have posted to get going.
I really tried everything that I've found here and on other site on the internet, without success.
I have worked together with Microsoft on this issue and there seems to bug with the installer related to Regional Settings. When I set the Regional Settings to English (United States), the installer validates correctly, but when I set it to Norwegian, Bokmål (Norway), the validation failes.
A workaround for this is set Regional Settings to English (United States) during installation. I suspect that the gacutil is only necessary for registering assemblies at install-time and that regional settings therefore safely can be set back to original settings after the installation has finished.
I have also worked together with Microsoft on this issue, and they sent me email yesterday "If OS is non-English , could you please check what is Decimal separator in Regional Settings.
There is possible issue that if it is not “.” It cannot find gacutil. If yes, please change it and then try to install with these settings"
Now we are happy :)