SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Compilations errors in Payroll classes

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Vinesh Tandel asked a question on 23 Jan 2015 1:07 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

HI all i need your urgent attention in ax 2012 r3 cu6 build i had done AOT compile but geeting around 20 errors in ax std classes like not declared variable or syntax error in payroll classes few errors reduced after i did all compile of payroll classes and i fwd compile on various classes where error popped still error does not seems to go.. kindly revert back at the earliesrt

Hi Vinesh,

Please verify the version first. There is no AX 2012 R3 with CU6. Do you mean CU8?

Vinesh Tandel responded on 23 Jan 2015 1:23 AM
My Badges

its AX 2012 R3 only

Nitesh Ranjan responded on 23 Jan 2015 1:29 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As per my understanding CU6 is not for AX 2012 R3

for AX 2012 R3 we have CU8 applicable.

Please review the Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Installation and configuration guide

and Dynamics AX 2012 R3 System requirement guide for more information

Please verify and update us with your findings

Vinesh Tandel responded on 23 Jan 2015 1:30 AM
My Badges

It is just base Ax 2012 R3..

Nitesh Ranjan responded on 23 Jan 2015 1:54 AM
My Badges

if possible please provide the error details

Can you share a screenshot of the remaining errors? Or tell which elements do have some errors?

Vinesh Tandel responded on 23 Jan 2015 2:35 AM
My Badges

i tried to upload screen shot but limit is only 64kb all errors are in prefix payroll classes

16 errors in payrolltaxengineutil ->Symmetry.TaxEngine.LocationCode             locationCode; "variable not declared" i am trying for pasting screenshot till then .. thanks andre and nitesh for quick response

Martin Dráb responded on 23 Jan 2015 2:43 AM
Verified Answer

It means that AX can't find the .NET assembly containing the type. Look at Variable Symmetry has not been declared Compilation error in Ax 2012 - it suggests verifying that ste-net.dll is present and adding the reference to AOT.

Vinesh Tandel responded on 23 Jan 2015 3:25 AM
My Badges

thanks martin i searched for ste-net.dll in path -> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsAX\bin and i  am able to find it in AOT reference also it is present i checked it instance wise also...

Martin Dráb responded on 23 Jan 2015 3:32 AM
Verified Answer

Try to update the reference, as discussed in Dynamics Ax 2012 Symmetry.

Vinesh Tandel responded on 23 Jan 2015 4:02 AM
My Badges

Thank you so very much Martin... this is how i fixed the issue in AOT->references->add references browse and pointed towards client->bin "ste-net.dll" now compiled error proned classes it was sucess then i deleted the newly created AOT->Reference still compiled and checked the same classes the errror was not there anymore which means + and - i did not modify anything ...now my question is why did that happen ..?

VSK Rao responded on 25 Mar 2015 10:01 PM

HI Matin,

I am bale to see the ste-net.dll in the references but i am not able to find thorugh browse button click from client or server bin folders,i am getting the same errors 21 for payroll symmetry.

Please help me out how we can able to get the ste-net.dll, is any other way ti fix this issue.

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Kamesh

Vinesh Tandel responded on 8 Apr 2015 11:59 PM
My Badges

Hi kamesh, while browsing plz check the file type selected make all files format ... if still issue the copy the stu-.et dll copy on to the desktop and add reference...it will work for sure

Sathish C responded on 3 Jul 2015 4:21 AM
My Badges

Hi,

I tried the solution you gave, but its not working for me..

Manish Moothedath responded on 7 Aug 2015 4:11 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear All,

I was also stuck with this issue for almost a day in a AX 2012 R3 + CU9 environment.

error was : Variable symmetry is not declared, error across most of the Payroll related classes.

When I tried to compile from an another client machine, there were no errors. So I understood this has to be an issue on the client .dll's 

I copied all the *.dll's from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin of the Client machine to the same directory in Live AOS server.

or else >> Find a fresh client machine and install the AX client with CU9 binary updates and copy the *.dll's to the Live server or the machine in which the error is coming.

Restarted the AOs server, and It was all fine.

I was missing some .dll file in Live AOS server client >> bin folder or it was older version not supported.

Anyway, Hope this workaround will help you

Martin Dráb responded on 23 Jan 2015 2:43 AM
Verified Answer

It means that AX can't find the .NET assembly containing the type. Look at Variable Symmetry has not been declared Compilation error in Ax 2012 - it suggests verifying that ste-net.dll is present and adding the reference to AOT.

Martin Dráb responded on 23 Jan 2015 3:32 AM
Verified Answer

Try to update the reference, as discussed in Dynamics Ax 2012 Symmetry.

Nitesh Ranjan responded on 23 Jan 2015 1:29 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As per my understanding CU6 is not for AX 2012 R3

for AX 2012 R3 we have CU8 applicable.

Please review the Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Installation and configuration guide

and Dynamics AX 2012 R3 System requirement guide for more information

Please verify and update us with your findings

Manish Moothedath responded on 7 Aug 2015 4:11 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear All,

I was also stuck with this issue for almost a day in a AX 2012 R3 + CU9 environment.

error was : Variable symmetry is not declared, error across most of the Payroll related classes.

When I tried to compile from an another client machine, there were no errors. So I understood this has to be an issue on the client .dll's 

I copied all the *.dll's from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin of the Client machine to the same directory in Live AOS server.

or else >> Find a fresh client machine and install the AX client with CU9 binary updates and copy the *.dll's to the Live server or the machine in which the error is coming.

Restarted the AOs server, and It was all fine.

I was missing some .dll file in Live AOS server client >> bin folder or it was older version not supported.

Anyway, Hope this workaround will help you

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS