Question Status

Suggested Answer
dsin asked a question on 26 Mar 2015 2:27 AM

For example,

PO, itemA, 25kg.

receipt itemA, 10kg.
In 10 kg, contains coilA, coilB, coilC.

Is it possible to register coilA, coilB, coilC when PO receipt ??

Josip Gračak responded on 26 Mar 2015 3:45 AM

Hi,

Can you give us a more detailed scenario? Do you want just to register that some additional info on the receipt? Maybe use batch attributes on the product receipt lines?

Kind regards,

Josip

Guy Terry responded on 26 Mar 2015 5:31 AM

Hi dsin,

What are coilA, coilB and coilC in relation to ItemA (in AX terminology please!)?

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 26 Mar 2015 4:50 PM

You could look to implement bills of materials but that would require you to define what itemA would be per unit (kg).

For example if itemA for 10kg was always 1x coilA, 1x coilB  and 1xcoilC so if you received 20kg or itemA it was equal to receiving 2x coilA, 2x coilB and 2xcoilC then this functionality will definitely help you you could enter the itemA on the order and explode it into its bill of material items.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 26 Mar 2015 4:50 PM

You could look to implement bills of materials but that would require you to define what itemA would be per unit (kg).

For example if itemA for 10kg was always 1x coilA, 1x coilB  and 1xcoilC so if you received 20kg or itemA it was equal to receiving 2x coilA, 2x coilB and 2xcoilC then this functionality will definitely help you you could enter the itemA on the order and explode it into its bill of material items.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.