Lifecycle Services can't connect to the Azure subscription using Azure Resource Manager.

Question Status

Verified
Christopher Bagge asked a question on 19 Aug 2016 5:10 AM

After the latest update to LCS I get the following error every time I attempt to deploy the August AX7 release to Azure.

I have gone through the steps on the connector as instructed but I keep getting the same error (See ID below)

Lifecycle Services can't connect to the Azure subscription using Azure Resource Manager. Click the Microsoft Azure Settings button and edit the selected Connector to provide the required permissions to ERP applications in your Azure subscription. If the issue persists, please contact support with this Id: da1c591d-7360-413c-b370-b51ec1ddef2b

Has anyone else had this issue deploying the August AX7 release?

Thank you,

Chris

Denis Macchinetti responded on 19 Aug 2016 8:16 AM

Hi Chris

Unfortunately no.

Contact the LCS support and let us know your finding.

Christopher Bagge responded on 19 Aug 2016 9:48 AM

Denis,

What is your setup ? I signed up for the AX Partner Trial and I am using my BizSpark Azure subscription. I have successfully deployed all ax7 releases until the latest one.

In Azure I see the Dynamics Deployment Services [wsfed-enabled] application listed and when I initiate the deploy I get the storage account created in Azure but then the deployment fails with the above error.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Chris

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Aug 2016 10:36 AM

Hi Chris,

I have tried to deploy a new environment, but got stuck on a certain point.

Have you sucessfully followed all steps provided in the next article? ax.help.dynamics.com/.../arm-onboarding

When this is complete, you should be able to deploy an environment.

I got stuck on point 12c where the user was not found/recognized. I have contacted Microsoft for my issue.

Christopher Bagge responded on 19 Aug 2016 11:03 AM

Hi André,

Yes, I found that blog post 30 minutes ago and I have gone through all the steps. I was able to complete all steps but on the last step when I hit next I get the error

An unexpected client error has occurred.

I have tried to set up the Azure connector without configuring ARM which lets me create the connector but then when I go back to add ARM I get the error.

Thanks,

Chris

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Aug 2016 2:22 PM

Hi Chris,

Can you share a screenshot of your error? What steps are you executing to add the ARM to an existing connector?

Christopher Bagge responded on 19 Aug 2016 2:40 PM

Not a very descriptive error I'm afraid.

To add the ARM to an existing connector I just hit edit on that connector and flip the Configure to use Azure Resource Manager ARM switch.

In the classic portal under AD /Default Directory /Applications do you see the Dynamics Deployment Services? If you don't I think this is why your step 12C is failing.

I had to click the authorize link with a AD domain user in my case I created a user in @chrisbagge.onmicrosoft.com, it did not create the application for me using the Azure owner account.

At this point I tried redoing the project a couple of times tried a bunch of different things but cannot get past step 13.

Let me know what Microsoft comes back with and let me know if you are able to get up and running.

Thanks,

Chris

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Aug 2016 4:05 PM

Hi Chris,

First of all, your screenshot is not visible.

Thanks for pointing towards the Applications in the classic portal. I don't see the Dynamics Deployment Services application here. Can you tell a bit more related to the user creation? I also have an Azure subscription which is not linked to my @****.onmicrosoft.com user. The Azure AD of my ****.onmicrosoft.com is linked to this subscription. In AD / [My Azure AD] / Applications I do see the application. But like mentioned not in my Default Directory.

Christopher Bagge responded on 19 Aug 2016 4:16 PM

I noticed the same thing as far as my screen shot so I went back and thought I added it correctly. If you still don't see it all it says is

"An unexpected client error has occurred"

As far as adding a user I just went into Azure AD and added a user of type "New user in your organization" in the default directory. I made this user a global admin then on the login page during ARM authorization I used this .onmicrosoft.com user. Once that is done you should see the application in the default directory.

Thanks,

Chris

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Aug 2016 4:32 PM

The screenshot is visible now. Indeed not very helpful to know what went wrong. I would suggest to create an incident for Microsoft Support.

Christopher Bagge responded on 19 Aug 2016 4:43 PM

Currently I am working on deploying the May update, then I will test the upgrade that was added this month to get on the August build.

I don't have a support plan in place with Microsoft do you know if I can create an incident outside partnersource?

Thanks,

Chris

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Aug 2016 4:59 PM

Hi Chris,

It would be possible to use Microsoft Connect to provide feedback, but that is not as quick as a support plan. The feedback will usually be monitored to improve the product.

Christopher Bagge responded on 19 Aug 2016 6:58 PM

Thanks, I have created a ticket on Connect. Let me know if it works for you.

Chris

nicksav responded on 22 Aug 2016 3:54 AM

Guys, did you get this resolved?

I have exactly the same issue. I was able to successfully deploy May version couple months ago. Now, with Aug release, I have got this:

Lifecycle Services can't connect to the Azure subscription using Azure Resource Manager. Click the Microsoft Azure Settings button and edit the selected Connector to provide the required permissions to ERP applications in your Azure subscription. If the issue persists, please contact support with this Id: 306a4152-bf70-41a5-9292-b7c912aea01f

I don't want to use ARM, I double check that this checkbox is not ticked, but it looks like it is still trying to use ARM...

Christopher Bagge responded on 22 Aug 2016 4:27 AM

Hi Nick,

I was getting the same error early on as well, but after creating the xxx@xxx.onmicrosoft.com user as a global admin in the Azure AD default directory, and authorizing access with this user I was able to make it through the Azure onboarding here ax.help.dynamics.com/.../arm-onboarding though the process still fails at step 13.

Were you able to complete step 12?

I posted feedback on the connect site, and will update here on my findings.

I have upgraded the May build to August using the supplied package file from Microsoft and that has worked only with minor hick-ups.

Let me know if you are able to make it all the way through the Azure onboarding.

Thanks,

Chris

Asif Afzal responded on 22 Aug 2016 5:13 AM

Hi ANdre,

Could you please tell us about the resolution for the 12c step?

I also faced similar one the user is not found..

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Aug 2016 10:36 AM

Hi Chris,

I have tried to deploy a new environment, but got stuck on a certain point.

Have you sucessfully followed all steps provided in the next article? ax.help.dynamics.com/.../arm-onboarding

When this is complete, you should be able to deploy an environment.

I got stuck on point 12c where the user was not found/recognized. I have contacted Microsoft for my issue.

Suggested Answer
Yugene responded on 19 Nov 2016 4:13 AM

Yeah Thanks,

I read the article by Curtis Love and everything worked fine

docs.microsoft.com/.../active-directory-manage-o365-subscription