Restricting access to Warehouses by user

Question Status

Suggested Answer
JauB asked a question on 13 Aug 2017 8:11 AM

Hi All,

Is there any standard way to restrict access to warehouses (for making purchase order, counting ...) by user ?

My need is :

1. In all sales orders : each warehouse-keeper can access only to orders which are assigned to his warehouse (to maker packing, packing slip, invoices ...)

2. The same thing for all purchase orders : each warehouse-keeper can access only to orders assigned to his warehouse (to receive them ...)

3. In inventory management : each warehouse-keeper can make transfer, couting ... only in his assigned warehouse.

Thanks.

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud Hakim responded on 14 Aug 2017 12:37 AM

you can use record level security or policies

JauB responded on 14 Aug 2017 2:48 AM

Hello Mahmoud

Can you give more details about your suggestion ? If you he some links that i can follow ....?

Thanks.

Suggested Answer
Faqru Shaik responded on 14 Aug 2017 4:59 AM

apply record level security on the role which you wants to see them only particular warehouse.

Follow below steps:

1. First select your role to apply record level secrutiy

2. Create a new query and name it. If you like to assign SO where WH value is example IT-KHB. Check your WH value(SalesTable).InventLocationId. Check below screen how to create query and apply value.

3. Create new Policy as I shown below screen. In below screen select your exact role only. And assign that role to your user. Similarly all PO and Inventory Management. Work with Primary Tables.

Regards,
Faqru

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud Hakim responded on 14 Aug 2017 5:05 AM

you can check this link

www.loganconsulting.com/.../ax2012_security_guide_aug_2013.pdf

magic1949 responded on 14 Aug 2017 6:53 AM

The links I provided cover that.

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud Hakim responded on 14 Aug 2017 12:37 AM

you can use record level security or policies

Suggested Answer
Faqru Shaik responded on 14 Aug 2017 4:59 AM

apply record level security on the role which you wants to see them only particular warehouse.

Follow below steps:

1. First select your role to apply record level secrutiy

2. Create a new query and name it. If you like to assign SO where WH value is example IT-KHB. Check your WH value(SalesTable).InventLocationId. Check below screen how to create query and apply value.

3. Create new Policy as I shown below screen. In below screen select your exact role only. And assign that role to your user. Similarly all PO and Inventory Management. Work with Primary Tables.

Regards,
Faqru

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud Hakim responded on 14 Aug 2017 5:05 AM

you can check this link

www.loganconsulting.com/.../ax2012_security_guide_aug_2013.pdf