SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

AX down-down issues over RDP after KB4103725

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Brandon Wiese asked a question on 17 May 2018 12:19 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

We're noticing after deploying KB4103725 (released last Patch Tuesday) that AX 2012 R3 drop-downs are sometimes not visible over RDP.  We've observed it over RemoteApp and Remote Desktop.

By shadowing the user's terminal server session, we can see the drop-down on the terminal server itself, but not on the client machine at the same time.  The user can click where the drop-down is (even though they cannot see it) and select one of the rows from the drop-down.  We've cleared the BMC/BIN files under AppData\Local\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Cache\ which sometimes clears up visual artifacts and strangeness, and it doesn't help.

It's possible this problem is not ONLY related to AX over RDP, but we have not yet observed it with any other software, so it's possible that it is AX specific.  It may be too soon to tell.

Yes, this is the final CredSSP update for RDP, so there's some pressure to get it deployed quickly as it is breaking authentication in mixed-update environments.

Anyone else seen this yet?

Brandon Wiese responded on 17 May 2018 12:22 PM
My Badges

Also, we've disabled RDP over UDP, so all clients are using RDP over TCP.

Brandon Wiese responded on 17 May 2018 12:38 PM
My Badges

So here's a TechNet thread that seems to suggest it might be related to Windows 10 1803, but then others seem to have pegged it to the KB.  It appears to affect drop-downs (sub-menus) as well as right-clicks (I haven't noticed yet).

They proposed disabling RemoteFX, so I'm trying that now.

social.technet.microsoft.com/.../remoteapp-after-windows-10-update-1803-are-slow-and-right-mouse-button-is-not-responding-it-reacts

Brandon Wiese responded on 17 May 2018 2:06 PM
My Badges

So it now appears to be an interaction between the KB and Windows 10 1803 on the client side.  We think only Windows 10 1803 users are experiencing the issue.

Christiaan responded on 5 Jun 2018 11:35 AM
My Badges

Hi Brandon, we are seeing exact same behavior for our users with 1803 Windows 10 update. we also see action pane does not show when clicking for an action on workflow enabled process. Microsoft has not released an update or fix. 

Douglas Noel responded on 13 Jun 2018 8:35 AM
My Badges

Hi all,

something new on that? Is any fix released in the meanwhile? Should it be an OS fix (W10), an Ax binary fix or even a combination. Where to look for?

We're currently trying the workarounds. But this doesn't seem to be a final solution.

regards Douglas

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS