SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Financial dimension security

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Daniel Budimir asked a question on 17 May 2018 1:03 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Is there a way to apply security to financial dimension values?  The goal being to show only certain values in a particular dimension based on a role or some other type of security.  Xds or code at the moment look like the only routes, i tried xds and read all I could find, it's still kind of dicey for dimensions.  Has anyone Done this before?

Verified Answer

Hi Daniel Budimir,

Yes it could be done using XDS. There is even a whitepaper document available. www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Suggested Answer

Hi Daniel,

An alternative is the unit security feature in the Management reporter. This function does, however, only affect your reporting. If the people receiving the reports also have full access rights in dynamics the unit security won't help and you need to apply XDS in addition.

Best regards

Ludwig

Daniel Budimir responded on 23 May 2018 8:25 AM
My Badges

My goal is to create a financial dimension, then in General ledger->Ledger setup->Ledger, modify an account structure to add that financial dimension.  When a user then goes into "Journal Entries->General Journals", creates a Journal, then adds lines, when entering "Account" into the segmented entry control, only certain values will be shown to the user when choosing a value for that specific financial dimension.  XDS is the way to go I just need to play with it a bit more.  Thank you both for your input.

Verified Answer

Hi Daniel Budimir,

Yes it could be done using XDS. There is even a whitepaper document available. www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Suggested Answer

Hi Daniel,

An alternative is the unit security feature in the Management reporter. This function does, however, only affect your reporting. If the people receiving the reports also have full access rights in dynamics the unit security won't help and you need to apply XDS in addition.

Best regards

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS