Journal Number in general journal entry

Question Status

Suggested Answer
David Vayne asked a question on 18 May 2018 1:19 AM

Hi,

there is a field - Journal Number in general journal account entry. I understand , if i create  entry from journal ,  this field will be filled with  corresponding journal number , but  I don't understand , why  and  from where this field is  filled when  i  just post sales order.  this field is  filled  with  some journal  number .  I am interested in , if this  field  has  any  meaning  when i post sales order ,  or  it is  just automatically  filled.

Guruprasanna M responded on 18 May 2018 1:31 AM

Hi David,

For where this field is filled, You can keep break point in insert method of general journal account entry table during sales order posting. For general journal account entry table check below links.

https://community.dynamics.com/ax/b/harrydondynamicsax/archive/2014/03/07/ledgerentryjournal-generaljournalentry-and-generaljournalaccountentry-in-dynamics-ax-2012

https://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/145749

Regards

Guru

David Vayne responded on 18 May 2018 2:08 AM

Hi Guruprasanna M,

I  know  what number sequence uses  this field and  how it is generated.  I am just interested in  meaning of this field and why we need  to  fill field , when  we don't  have journal  for that  number sequence

Suggested Answer
Kaled Alloud responded on 18 May 2018 5:16 AM

Hello,

If you go to GL module > Setup > Parameters > Number sequence section : there you will find several sequences set for different References. There is 1 called 'General journal transfer' which is used when posting a journal to ledger (transfer a trx to ledger).

Check the next value to verify that this the sequence used.

Thank you,

Suggested Answer
Kaled Alloud responded on 18 May 2018 5:16 AM

Hello,

If you go to GL module > Setup > Parameters > Number sequence section : there you will find several sequences set for different References. There is 1 called 'General journal transfer' which is used when posting a journal to ledger (transfer a trx to ledger).

Check the next value to verify that this the sequence used.

Thank you,