expenditure participant reviewers not finding department manager

Question Status

Suggested Answer
AXfinance asked a question on 18 May 2018 5:55 AM

HI all,

I've set up my purchase requisition workflow to go to the 'expenditure participant' of 'Budget Hold', and in the expenditure reviewers set up just ticked the Department box in the project distributions fast tab.  The Department has a manager assigned to it in the Internal organisations set up, but the workflow is stopping as it cannot equate Budget Hold to a user.  Am I missing a link here somewhere?

thanks

Ludwig Reinhard responded on 18 May 2018 6:39 AM

Hello AXfinance,

Can you share a screenprint of your expenditure participant setup?

Many thanks and best regards,

Ludwig

AXfinance responded on 18 May 2018 7:07 AM

Suggested Answer
Kaled Alloud responded on 18 May 2018 7:15 AM

Well at my company we use the same concept but the checkbox is in the Organization distribution and not Project.

In the expenditure reviewers set up try to tick the Department box in the Organization distributions fast tab, and not the Project fast tab

Best,

AXfinance responded on 18 May 2018 7:17 AM

thanks TechNet says use the project tab if your requisition is on a project (which it is), or the organizational one if not, I will try it anyway.

AXfinance responded on 18 May 2018 7:19 AM

thanks but I cannot upload a picture, I'm getting an error when 'insert file/media' and the cut and paste doesn't work.  The only box ticked in the one for Department on the project fast tab, where the company I am using is selected.

Ludwig Reinhard responded on 18 May 2018 11:37 AM

Hello Axfinance,

Can you try uploading the screenprint again?

I cannot identify it.

Please save it first as a picture and then upload it through the 'use rich formatting' form.

Ludwig

Daxer Persson responded on 18 May 2018 1:07 PM

Does the project relate to a Department (with an owner)?

NB: possibly use project manager for user at the expenditure reviewer to see at all, that the project is found.

AXfinance responded on 21 May 2018 2:13 AM

Suggested Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 21 May 2018 10:39 AM

Hello AXFinance,

Please enter an owner for your financial dimension in the GL module and try again.

Best regards,

Ludwig

AXfinance responded on 22 May 2018 1:25 AM

Thanks Ludwig,

That works now, I thought department Manager was the 'owner'. once I found the other box it works.

Do you know if there's a way to use the accounting distributions to direct the workflow? We take default department dimensions from the employee raising the requisition rather than the project in some cases so the costs go to their own department.  Therefore would like to get the owner of the department where it's going to post to approve the req'n?

I know this is a long shot but worth checking....

thanks

AXF

Ludwig Reinhard responded on 22 May 2018 6:12 AM

Hello AXF,

I am not sure whether I fully understood the last issue with the employee and the project.

Can you make a simplified example that explains where you setup the financial dimensions and what you want to have?

Ludwig

AXfinance responded on 22 May 2018 7:14 AM

Hi Ludwig,

for most projects the transaction dimensions all come from the project set up.  For some types of project we have a special default dimension rule that says to take the department dimension from the requestor's own employee set up.  This means we can have transactions posting to lots of different departments via the same central project.  The problem is how to get an approval for the requisition by the department owner who is going to get the costs on his department (ie the accounting distribution of the requisition/PO).

Kind regards

AXF

Suggested Answer
Kaled Alloud responded on 18 May 2018 7:15 AM

Well at my company we use the same concept but the checkbox is in the Organization distribution and not Project.

In the expenditure reviewers set up try to tick the Department box in the Organization distributions fast tab, and not the Project fast tab

Best,

Suggested Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 21 May 2018 10:39 AM

Hello AXFinance,

Please enter an owner for your financial dimension in the GL module and try again.

Best regards,

Ludwig