SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Charges didn't post when PO receipt is posted. Why?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Kim Johnson asked a question on 18 May 2018 10:20 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All, 

In my purchase order, the material cost is $3,000.  I add two charges to my PO (Truck freight is $200 and GL insurance is $50).  When I post a PO receipt, I want to see the total cost of $3,000+$200+$50 = $3,250 to post to my inventory account.  Somehow my 2 charges didn't show up when I posted the PO receipt (screenshot 5).  Am I missing something when I set up the charge code?  Thanks

Suggested Answer

Hi,

The charges should be posted at the time the invoice is posted.

Can you invoice the PO and check the postings created.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Kim Johnson responded on 18 May 2018 11:48 AM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig,

Yes, the charges is posted at the time the PO is invoiced, but I want to get my accrued charges to post at the time of PO receipt.  I saw it posted before; but can't seem to replicate it.  

Daxer Persson responded on 18 May 2018 12:55 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

is your configured item a standard cost item? then inventory will receive to std. cost value regardless of charges.

Kim Johnson responded on 18 May 2018 6:17 PM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig,

Typically, when you post a PO receipt, it hits an accrued account credit.  So, if the charges is posted at the point of invoice, then what account do the charges hit? An expense account or an accrued account?

Thanks

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim,

You basically have two choices for posting the charges:

1. Post them to a ledger account e.g. a P&L account

or

2. Post them on top of the item costs and increase your inventory value correspondingly.

The setup is made in the following form

Best regards,

Ludwig

Michael Mellegaard responded on 5 Jul 2018 2:40 PM

Kim - I found in the Microsoft Documentation for AX 2012 that charges of type Fixed will not accrue at receipt; only at Invoice.   Only charges of type PCS, Percent, or Proportional are posted at receipt.  Here is the article from when the functionality was released.  blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../kb3006787-procurement-accounting-charges-as-product-cost-with-product-receipt

I have not found any changes in notes or functionality to indicate this has changed with D356 F&O.   I've not been able to find anything posted as to why fixed charges are excluded from the post at receipt process.

Suggested Answer

Hi,

The charges should be posted at the time the invoice is posted.

Can you invoice the PO and check the postings created.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Daxer Persson responded on 18 May 2018 12:55 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

is your configured item a standard cost item? then inventory will receive to std. cost value regardless of charges.

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim,

You basically have two choices for posting the charges:

1. Post them to a ledger account e.g. a P&L account

or

2. Post them on top of the item costs and increase your inventory value correspondingly.

The setup is made in the following form

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS