SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Cannot End Production Order

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

iJackie asked a question on 10 Aug 2018 1:14 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

We have a production order that is RAF'd but when trying to end the production order, I am getting error "The quantity cannot be invoiced because inventory transactions with a status of received are insufficient." 

Is this due to bad LP data not received properly?  I'm not sure how to troubleshoot and resolve.

Crispin John Augustine responded on 14 Aug 2018 7:46 AM
My Badges

It 's quite odd to get this error when ending a Production.

I can imagine the same error popping up during Prod Pick (if you are using WHS prod pick)

Did you by any Chance perform an LP pick for this production, and the work is completed?

Fatih Gork responded on 14 Aug 2018 2:42 PM
My Badges

iJackie

.. I am getting error "The quantity cannot be invoiced because inventory transactions with a status of received are insufficient." 

That might sound weird since that's a production step but, I remember that error message showing up when users want to generate an invoice and update the transaction as "Purchased" for an item that has "Receiving requirements" set to true in its Item Model Group setup.

For details: Item model groups (form) [AX 2012]

Could you please check your setups to see if that check box is ticked? If so, can you untick it and try again? Did you change or developed anything recently which might have an effect on this?

magic1949 responded on 15 Aug 2018 3:59 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This a  long shot  -  there were prior hotfixes for a similar issue with PO receiving,  where the use of a wild card Ascii character like a  comma, or question mark, or asterisk etc in a packing slip caused the error message.,

Check your license plate number was not accidentally entered with e.g. a full stop or a comma.

magic1949 responded on 15 Aug 2018 3:59 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This a  long shot  -  there were prior hotfixes for a similar issue with PO receiving,  where the use of a wild card Ascii character like a  comma, or question mark, or asterisk etc in a packing slip caused the error message.,

Check your license plate number was not accidentally entered with e.g. a full stop or a comma.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS