SBX - Forum Post Title

Moving customers from one company to another

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

MYGz asked a question on 11 Aug 2018 3:56 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

I added customers to a wrong company, with x++ as the count is too many.

Now I want to move it to the desired company.

Will simply updating dataareaid on custtable do the Job?

Verified Answer

Hi MYGz,

The most neat solution would be adding the customers in the correct company and delete them from the wrong company. There are some references in dimension tables which might get crippled if you just change the dataareaid.

Changing the dataareaid is a task which needs to be done outside Dynamics AX, e.g. with a SQL script. It requires an AOS restart and also full regression testing because of possible data inconsistencies.

So, my recommendation would be add to the correct company and delete the wrong ones.

Verified Answer

Hi MYGz,

The most neat solution would be adding the customers in the correct company and delete them from the wrong company. There are some references in dimension tables which might get crippled if you just change the dataareaid.

Changing the dataareaid is a task which needs to be done outside Dynamics AX, e.g. with a SQL script. It requires an AOS restart and also full regression testing because of possible data inconsistencies.

So, my recommendation would be add to the correct company and delete the wrong ones.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS