SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Sales Order Explosion

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

James Henderson asked a question on 12 Aug 2018 8:53 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi.  Is there any way in AX2012 R3 where an item can be created in such a way that when it is added to a sales order, the explosion process will always raise a purchase order even if there is available stock on hand or available stock from an existing purchase order?  I've tried scenarios where an item is either a service type or item type and is either stock or not stocked in its item model group attributions to no avail.   I've also tried making the positive days  = 0 in the planning attributions to no avail.

Steven Weaver responded on 13 Aug 2018 2:40 PM
My Badges

That really breaks what planning is trying to do. Why are you trying to ignore what is there and available to you to go through the extra cost of resourcing?

Mohammad Ismail responded on 13 Aug 2018 5:28 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

you can specify positive day in the coverage group as 0,  and change include on hand in the master planning

James Henderson responded on 13 Aug 2018 8:20 PM
My Badges

We have an item called "Special Buy-ins".  This item is an umbrella for any products that we purchase specifically for a customer sales order.  It may be one-off or a periodically repeated purchase.  It has been created as an type = "item" rather than service because it must be included on a picking list, and we need the sales order explosion to auto generate a purchase order.

Mohammad Ismail responded on 13 Aug 2018 5:28 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

you can specify positive day in the coverage group as 0,  and change include on hand in the master planning

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS