SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

XPO order of groupings

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

RaminR asked a question on 12 Oct 2018 10:30 AM

Question Status

Verified

Does the order of the objects in an XPO affect order of compile? 

In the AOT for example the order of objects are Data Dictionary, Classes, then Forms. If I have an project XPO file that I was importing and I had my group collections in the order of forms, classes, then data dictionary would that affect the order of compile when generating a CLI or just doing a normal compile?

Verified Answer

Do you mean the order of objects on an AOT project? The xpo is just a way to move objects between environments, it has nothing to do with compilation.

The order of objects on a project certainly has no impact on the CIL generation.

But I think the x++ compile will compile them in the same order as they are in the project (assuming you select the top element on the project and click Compile). You should be able to test it quite easily.

Why are you asking?

RaminR responded on 12 Oct 2018 10:40 AM

A developer was telling me the order of the groupings in a XPO project was causing issues when running a CIL. I found it highly unlikely since an XPO is just a file that contains objects to be placed in the AOT and is not the actual AOT structure.

Verified Answer

Do you mean the order of objects on an AOT project? The xpo is just a way to move objects between environments, it has nothing to do with compilation.

The order of objects on a project certainly has no impact on the CIL generation.

But I think the x++ compile will compile them in the same order as they are in the project (assuming you select the top element on the project and click Compile). You should be able to test it quite easily.

Why are you asking?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS