SBX - Forum Post Title

Journal entries report

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Lionel07 asked a question on 12 Oct 2018 10:58 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello Experts,

Is there any report in Ax 2012 that can give me the following infomation:  All journal entries posted in a specific time period, detailing at a minimum; the journal entry number, the journal amount, the general ledger accounts debited and credited, the journal entry date and time, an indication as to whether or not the journal entry is manual or systems generated, the name of the person who posted the entry and the name of the person who approved the entry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suggested Answer

Hello Lionel07,

There is no standard report available that includes all the information you listed above.

You have two options to overcome this shortcoming:

Option1: Run multiple reports and combine the results for example in Excel.

Option 2: Create you own customized report.

The first option might only be a feasible workaround if you need to analyze the data once. If you need this report on a regular basis you might be better off developing your own report, i.e. Option 2.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Crispin John Augustine responded on 15 Oct 2018 4:13 AM
My Badges

You could do that with a very simple query/view based on the table LedgerJournalTrans joined with LedgerJournalTable, with required date filters.

If you Need more info, comment below.

Hi Lionel07,

Did you get this one resolved?

Best regards

Ludwig

Lionel07 responded on 15 Oct 2018 3:00 PM
My Badges

Not yet Ludwig. am following Crispin John Augustine advise and see if i can get the data I want.

Galyna Fedorova responded on 15 Oct 2018 3:36 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Lionel07, Why don't you want to use Voucher transactions inquiries form located in General ledger module? I believe most of the data required by you is there. Through personalization you can simply add additional columns. You can filter those data by Posting type = Ledger journal to see only transactions from general journal.

Lionel07 responded on 16 Oct 2018 10:12 AM
My Badges

Hi Galyna, I follow your advise but the approver field is coming up with "0" what does this mean? Would it be safe to say that the person who posted the journal is the approver? if yes why woouldnt it pick up the user name?

Please help if you can.

Galyna Fedorova responded on 17 Oct 2018 4:31 PM
My Badges

Hi Lionel07,

I don't think that you can say that the person who posted the journal is always the approver. It depends on the business scenario. I would recommend reaching out to the developer and find out what is the datasource for your Approver field and why it's 0.

Suggested Answer

Hello Lionel07,

There is no standard report available that includes all the information you listed above.

You have two options to overcome this shortcoming:

Option1: Run multiple reports and combine the results for example in Excel.

Option 2: Create you own customized report.

The first option might only be a feasible workaround if you need to analyze the data once. If you need this report on a regular basis you might be better off developing your own report, i.e. Option 2.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Galyna Fedorova responded on 15 Oct 2018 3:36 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Lionel07, Why don't you want to use Voucher transactions inquiries form located in General ledger module? I believe most of the data required by you is there. Through personalization you can simply add additional columns. You can filter those data by Posting type = Ledger journal to see only transactions from general journal.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS