SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

strange entry in GL audit trail AX2009

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

DBi asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 9:57 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

today we detected a strange entry in audit trail at our customer.

The type of entry is 'system' and the text is 'system generated validation' (in german 'vom System generierte Prüfung')

Does anybody knows entries like this? What is the origin of that?

Unfortunately the process behind that generated an additional transaction on a voucher, whereby now the voucher balance is not 0.

Thanx in advance

Detlef

Suggested Answer

Hello Detlef,

Do you have any other information available such as the posting/ transaction type of this voucher? What does the transaction origin form show and can you drill to the original document?

Best regards

Ludwig

DBi responded on 9 Nov 2018 3:28 AM

Hi Ludwig,

as I see you really are a multi channel reader ;-)

Let me try to describe more detailed the issue:

In general it's about posting a delivery note with GL integration. The delivery note includes 3 relevant lines. So I would await 3 transactions on the relevant account (for reason of simplification I only consider the first account and ignore things like different finance dimensions, splitting etc.)

In normal cases the following invoice generate 3 new transaction lines to set the balance to 0.

Referred to the voucher of the delivery note here we have 6 transactions (on the first ledger account):

Amount Origin by audit trail timestamp
205€ sales order, delivery note 02:24AM
1025€ sales order, delivery note 02:24AM
540€ sales order, delivery note 02:24AM
205€ <empty> 00:22AM
1025€ <empty> 00:22AM
540€ generated by system validation 00:22AM

Means: At the voucher we have 6 lines, but at audit trail we only have 4 lines.

The consistency check shows a warning "voucher xxx not balanced" The Type of transaction by audit trail is - as said before - SYSTEM (not salesorder, delivery note).

Have you ever seen something like this? (me not) What's the process/class/job/else "system validation" (in german Systemprüfung) in AX2009? I think it must be a more technical process because of the unsettled balance at the voucher.

At a first try I couldn't find any usage of the appropriate enum in whole aot ...

What do you think now?

Detlef

Suggested Answer

Hello Detlef,

Do you have any other information available such as the posting/ transaction type of this voucher? What does the transaction origin form show and can you drill to the original document?

Best regards

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS