SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

The sales invoiced revision cannot change inventory transaction?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

ENITSIRHC_23 asked a question on 10 Nov 2018 3:16 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Good day,

I would like to ask, why there is still item quantity stated in inventory transaction even the sales invoice cancelled/revised? What is the proper cancellation of sales invoice posted ?

Please help me regarding of this problem?

Thanks,

Christine

Suggested Answer

Hello Christine,

The proper way of cancelling an invoiced sales order is creating another sales order for the same customer and items but with opposite signs.

Please note that such a cancellation has an influence on your inventory value and quantities.

There is, however, no shortcut for this kind of cancellation.

Best regards,

Ludwig

ENITSIRHC_23 responded on 13 Nov 2018 8:27 PM

Thanks Ludwig answering my question.

I would like to ask , the proper way of cancellation was the return order process? or We can cancel posted sales order through credit note process (existing sales order) ?

Please help me regarding of this concern,

Thank you

Suggested Answer

Hello Christine,

The answer to your question depends on your process.

If you only want to cancel the SO then you can use the credit note process and even modify an existing sales order if your parameter settings allow for that.

Yet, if the customer sends items back to you, the return order process seems to be the more appropriate one.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Christine,

The proper way of cancelling an invoiced sales order is creating another sales order for the same customer and items but with opposite signs.

Please note that such a cancellation has an influence on your inventory value and quantities.

There is, however, no shortcut for this kind of cancellation.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Christine,

The answer to your question depends on your process.

If you only want to cancel the SO then you can use the credit note process and even modify an existing sales order if your parameter settings allow for that.

Yet, if the customer sends items back to you, the return order process seems to be the more appropriate one.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS