SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Is there a way to get a list of custom functionalities in an AX 2012 instance, just like we get a list of all AOT changes using advanced filter in projects?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Archana P asked a question on 12 Jun 2019 1:35 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Is there a way to get a list of custom functionalities in an AX 2012 instance, just like we get a list of all AOT changes using advanced filter in projects?

István Orosz responded on 12 Jun 2019 1:58 AM
My Badges

Hi Archana,

If your customisations are on a specific layer in a specific modell you can investigate them easily. Most possible they are on CUS or VAR.

If this is not the correct answer, please provide a detailed description of your problem.

Archana P responded on 12 Jun 2019 2:19 AM
My Badges

Hi István Orosz,

Sorry I think I need to rephrase my question, because I do not need the technical changes list. To be precise, I want to know all (functional) changes

in the business processes from the vanilla version (or) deviation from the standard processes. Hope my question is clear now.

Thanks

Archana

Suggested Answer

No, it is not possible. Sometimes it is impossible to say why some standard functionality was changed during implementation even looking at the code and that's the only source of truth. You may have some documentation created during implementation that may help you but no tool can do it for you base on AOT.

Suggested Answer

Requests for changes and implemented changes should have been tracked by the implementation or project management team. If processes were changed without anybody tracking the changes, the information simply doesn't exist.

Looking at code and metadata changes and trying to understand why these changes were done is difficult and not always successful. Reviewing the whole implementation is not normally feasible (unless there are just a few changes).

Suggested Answer

Like the previous commenters said, it's not possible to extract such information from the code or metatada.

You should find all the functional design documents that were created for this project. That's the list you are asking for. Maybe it's not complete if some undocumented changes were made, but that's a good starting point.

Also going through your version control (hopefully you use version control), and check the task ids for each check in (hopefully you use task ids in your check ins) you can find all tasks in your task management system (hopefully you have one) and eventually descriptions of those tasks.

Suggested Answer

No, it is not possible. Sometimes it is impossible to say why some standard functionality was changed during implementation even looking at the code and that's the only source of truth. You may have some documentation created during implementation that may help you but no tool can do it for you base on AOT.

Suggested Answer

Requests for changes and implemented changes should have been tracked by the implementation or project management team. If processes were changed without anybody tracking the changes, the information simply doesn't exist.

Looking at code and metadata changes and trying to understand why these changes were done is difficult and not always successful. Reviewing the whole implementation is not normally feasible (unless there are just a few changes).

Suggested Answer

Like the previous commenters said, it's not possible to extract such information from the code or metatada.

You should find all the functional design documents that were created for this project. That's the list you are asking for. Maybe it's not complete if some undocumented changes were made, but that's a good starting point.

Also going through your version control (hopefully you use version control), and check the task ids for each check in (hopefully you use task ids in your check ins) you can find all tasks in your task management system (hopefully you have one) and eventually descriptions of those tasks.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS