Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'd like to get any help from you.
I'm using AX2012(default version), not R2 or R3.
The kernel version of AX is 6.0.1108.3459 and application version is 6.0.1108.670.
My problem is batch job which doesn't work correctly.
The batch is working every single 2 minutes, and batch job history shows all "Ended" without any error log.
The main purpose of the batch is to change status "S" when the batch works correctly and when it has error it will change into "E".
After end of the batch job, the status is changed into "E", even though the batch job history doesn't show any error or problem.
So I tried to debug the class so that I check if some of its code have problem, but it doesn't have problem.
Moreover, the very thing that made me wondered was if I run the class manually(not by batch job), it worked correctly and it return the status "S"(which means it succeeded).
Consequently, What I want to ask is why the class works in wrong way when it run by batch and it works correctly when it run by manually.
How can I approach to solve this issue, please give me any idea about it.
It is not clear what exactly you have done here. I do assume it is about a custom class which needs to update a certain field based on a condition. It is working correctly when you run it manually, then probably the CIL needs to be recreated on the batch AOS server.
If this does not help, you have to provide some more details.
Like Andre suggested, make sure you have generated CIL after latest x++ changes. Only the CIL generation regenerates the DLL file which is used by the batches.
If you run it in user session instead of batch, it runs (not in all scenarios) the x++ code, not DLL.
So this can explain the difference.
In a multi AOS system, all AOS must be restarted after CIL generation (and during CIL generation or any code import/change only one AOS should be running). Each AOS reads the DLL / CIL from modelstore during startup.
Thanks for your all kind reply.
I checked some data were stuck in the process, so I restarted AOS and generated CIL.
after that I deleted the class and made it again.
Besides, I made the interval of batch schedule bigger.
Finally the batch runs correctly.
Business Applications communities