Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 2 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
we are using MS Dynamics AX 2012 platform, and every now then mainly on two object servers the AOS services goes down and to fix this we have to restart the services again. But this is really effecting our organization productivity.
I am fairly new to this platform, but I can provide all the information required to fix this issue.
Any ideas, what it could be?
Event logs -
1. After crash - Faulting application name: Ax32Serv.exe, version: 6.3.6000.9705, time stamp: 0x5e18278d
Faulting module name: Ax32Serv.exe, version: 6.3.6000.9705, time stamp: 0x5e18278d
Exception code: 0xc0000409
2. After restarting the service on the AOS - Object Server 01: RPC error: Failed to register service principal name (SPN): '29D16D8E-32D1-433B-B77F-987C2408CEA4/xyz.contesco.global:2712'
3. AX 2012 R3
Do you see any errors in the event viewer every time the AOS service goes down. Based on that we should be able to determine the root cause for the services stopping.
Thanks for your message.
Yes, there are lots of event logs, warning etc. are you after a particular event log?
Crash issue is sort of complex. I'd recommend you raise a support ticket with Microsoft. So that professional can help you troubleshoot the issue. Probably need to take windows dump file to analyze what could be the root cause.
Any issues in event viewer on the target server?
Was it working previously without any issue?Just check/monitor your network connectivity closely within AOS and DB, are you guys using physical Servers or Virtual?.If you are allowed Servers to Update automatically just check wheather you have pending updates.to get more visibility and insights install LCS Diagnostic Tool.
@ Oscar Nyman
Yes there are events in the event viewer -
1. after crash - Faulting application name: Ax32Serv.exe, version: 6.3.6000.9705, time stamp: 0x5e18278d
2. After restarting the services on the AOS - Object Server 01: RPC error: Failed to register service principal name (SPN): '29D16D8E-32D1-433B-B77F-987C2408CEA4/xyz.contesco.global:2712'
Please let me know if you need any further information.
@ Gunjan Bhattacharyya
I have provided the event logs below. Do you need any further information ?
@ Amit Prasanna
Yes it was working O.K before but from last couple of months we have this ongoing issue.
- Monitor your network connectivity closely within AOS and DB, we have monitoring tool is place. But can you please suggest and any steps or advise ?
- We are using Virtual servers.
- We don't allow server to update automatically.
- I have looked at LCS, it has lots of prerequisites and moreover it is cloud based so stakeholders won't be happy to have a tool in place which will upload data to the third-party environment, on which we don't have any control. I am not too sure how much this tool can helps us to decode server crash issue.
I am sure you are on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, but can you tell us about the Build or Kernel version?
Does your both AOS servers services goes down same time or at some instance like while posting for while running batch jobs?
Here is the kernel information -
No only one goes down at a time , both are virtual machines on Azure and are behind Load balancer.
SPN is needed for Kerberos authentication as we know.
If the SPN registration fail then authentication will revert to NTLM (assuming the SPN was not manually registered).
The most likely reason for the failure would be the account that the AOS is running under does not have enough rights to register/unregsiter the SPN.
There is a registry key you can set on the AOS box to have it stop attempting to register/unregister the SPN:
Add authn_regspn as a string value and set it to 0 under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dynamics Server\6.0\01\Original (install configuration) ... substitute the aos instance and active configuration in the registry path if needed.
also follow: stoneridgesoftware.com/.../
Business Applications communities