Skip to main content

Community blogs

Featured

Latest blog posts

LikeLike (1)
HTTP response headers for Dynamics 365 Portals

I have seen some questions recently about how to add response headers in a dynamics portal.  In the link below there are the CORS options available but there are several others not listed.  In the table below I added the ones currently a...

Adam Pfau 265
LikeLike (0)
Dynamics 365 Portals Configuring the portal for single-sign on.

I have seen some cases recently with requests to force users to sign-in before accessing any content on their Dynamics 365 Portal.   Setting the LoginButtonAuthenticationType is needed, but the users will not be authenticated without selecti...

Adam Pfau 265
LikeLike (0)
Dynamics 365 Portals using CSS to format Boolean values on an entity form

I have had several requests recently asking how to switch the Boolean fields on an entity list and wanted to discuss the method I used. 1. Below there is a standard Boolean attribute on an entity form   2. To find what elements on the form w...

Adam Pfau 265
LikeLike (0)
Entity List Part 3: Grid Configuration

This is the third in a series of blogs demonstrating configuration of Entity List. Check out the second installment for an overview of all topics covered throughout this series. Actions can be configured for the records in an Entity List...

Adam Pfau 265
LikeLike (0)
Entity List Part 2: Configuration

This is the second in a series of blogs demonstrating configuration of Entity List. Check out the first installment for an overview of all topics covered throughout this series. Web Page for Create The “Web Page for Create” option on t...

Adam Pfau 265
LikeLike (0)
Entity List Part 1: Creating Entity List

The Entity List is a data driven configuration that grants the ability to expose Dynamics 365 records on a portal. This allows users to display Dynamics 365 views in their portal website with the ability to filter the record as well as sort it bas...

Adam Pfau 265
LikeLike (0)
Portal Authentication, Part 2: OpenID Authentication with Google

Edited on 7/31/2019 : Added 'Scope' Site Setting .  It worked without the setting, but would not auto populate email address and name in new user profiles. Also, this entire setup (while still working at the moment) is depre...

LikeLike (0)
Portal Authentication, Part 1: Facebook Authentication

This is the first in a series of blogs demonstrating the different authentication methods that can be used with your Portal.    Introduction Users to your Portal will likely accounts created on many different platforms and in this s...

Adam Pfau 265