SBX - Forum Post Title

Coupling Works BC -> CRM but not CRM -> BC

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Stephen Pryke asked a question on 3 May 2019 9:55 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi, In need of some help!

We've set up coupling via table 5331 (see this post: https://community.dynamics.com/business/f/758/p/301394/870926#870926) and the records appear to be 'half-coupled'. There were no error messages when applying the package and we can get to CRM records from BC, but not the other way around.

In a customer in BC:

• We click on Navigate >>Dynamics 365 for Sales >> Account and it successfully opens the corresponding coupled Account in CRM.

In the same account in CRM:

• We click on the "Dynamics 365 Busines..." button it does not find the record in BC. The URL contains the correct CRM GUID, but it doesn't click through to the customer.  The URL format is essentially: businesscentral.dynamics.com;page=5329&filter='Filter' IS 'CRMID:{xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx};CRMType:account'

Does anyone know what is wrong? It feels like the coupling is only 95% complete. That there is something missing in the coupling somewhere in BC which is required when we go back from CRM. We noticed in page 5341 ("ACCOUNTS - DYNAMICS 365 FOR SALES") that the records still appears as Coupled = No (even though we can open the CRM record from BC).

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

Stephen Pryke responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:13 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

For posterity, I finally found the solution to this. Referring back to the instructions on the original coupling steps (community.dynamics.com/.../870926), we found that adding the table id to the import file (eg Customer = Table ID 18) made the connection work from CRM to BC.

Stephen Pryke responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:13 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

For posterity, I finally found the solution to this. Referring back to the instructions on the original coupling steps (community.dynamics.com/.../870926), we found that adding the table id to the import file (eg Customer = Table ID 18) made the connection work from CRM to BC.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS