SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Location of the Sell-To Customer Number field on Purchase Order screen

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

chris_7777au asked a question on 14 Jun 2019 12:22 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hi there.

Trying to create a Purchase Order for a drop-ship item.

I'm following the instructions here.:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/dynamics365/business-central/sales-how-drop-shipment

Instructions state:

1. Create a purchase order. Do not fill any fields on the lines. For more information, see Record Purchases.
  2. In the Sell-to Customer No. field, select the customer that you are selling to.

I cannot find the Sell-to Customer No. field on the purchase order.  I have looked at Personalise>add field but it does not appear as an available field to add.  Can anybody direct me to the exact location of the Sell-to Customer No. Field on a purchase order please or alternatively provide the correct method for creating a purchase order for a drop ship sales order line.

Cheers & Thanks
Chris.

Mary Myers responded on 15 Jun 2019 12:18 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So what you need to do is go to the PO, go down to the payment and shipping tab.  Under Ship To: address, you need to change it to Customer.  Then another drop down box will appear, and you will select the desired customer.  This will allow you to call the sales order you want to drop ship.  Please note that you must select drop shipment on the sales order, and include a purchasing code as well

Let me know if this helps

Teddy Herryanto responded on 16 Jun 2019 5:46 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Change the Ship-To field to Customer Address. The field will show up.

chris_7777au responded on 16 Jun 2019 8:06 PM

Hi there Mary.

Thanks for answering this.  Where did you stumble across this answer?  I was following the directions in the Dynamics Business Central Help files and they are NOTHING like this.  Either I'm looking for my instructions in the wrong location, or Microsoft have a big gap between their instructions and some other documentation (guidance, training events etc.)  

Mary Myers responded on 17 Jun 2019 12:48 AM
My Badges

I found it in a video awhile back on YouTube.

I have spent a lot of time in the business world as well, before a consulting life, and I think that the reason the document does not clearly call this is out is because they assume you go through each tab of the P.O. to fill out information.  With that being said, I think there is assumption made that you have to change the address on a drop ship, since by nature a drop shipment does not go to the company, but to the customer

Mary Myers responded on 15 Jun 2019 12:18 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So what you need to do is go to the PO, go down to the payment and shipping tab.  Under Ship To: address, you need to change it to Customer.  Then another drop down box will appear, and you will select the desired customer.  This will allow you to call the sales order you want to drop ship.  Please note that you must select drop shipment on the sales order, and include a purchasing code as well

Let me know if this helps

Teddy Herryanto responded on 16 Jun 2019 5:46 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Change the Ship-To field to Customer Address. The field will show up.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS