Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Business Central updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Business Central and experience some of the new features.
Overview | Guided Tour | Free Trial
2022 Release Wave 2Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from October 2022 through March 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I noticed new thing at BC with release 2022 wave 1: when you search for pages (reports etc.), BC showing the name of the extension object, and not the original caption. I know that i can add caption property to extension object and copy the caption text from the extended object , but that's not so nice solution as we have a lot of extension objects, also the changes in the name of extended object can happen so we would need to track for every extension we have. I'm surprised that Microsoft allows such a freedom in changing of standard objects.
Is this some kind of Microsoft bug, or it happened only to us? Maybe we missed some setting? On internet i can't find anyone to talk about this.
Hi, I did the test again and didn't find this problem in BC20.Are there changes to "General Journal" in your translation file?
PS: My test version
Version: W1 20.0 (Platform 20.0.37114.39096 + Application 20.0.37253.38055)
Hope this helps.
Thank you for helping me.
Everything with translation is fine as usual. The version is the same. I've just tested the way you did. Opened new project from the start and it's fine, like your case. But i noticed, when add next settings:
The result is the same as i had before:
Hi, Thanks for the info, I did the same test and it looked fine, maybe the problem is related to other reasons.
I also tried on version 20, but did not find anything like this. It looks really strange. Check if any other extension has caption changes.
I founded the property that cause this behavior. Its in app.json features property:
When i remove GenerateCaptions it good again.
Thank you on help friends!
Very interesting, I will test it again tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
Nice observation. very useful. Thanks for sharing us.
Business Applications communities