Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
With Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (Online), Microsoft provides most customers with one free instance of the Dynamics Portal Add-On. One of the main content features of Dynamics Portals is the Entity List.
The Entity List is the equivalent of a View in Dynamics 365. These Entity Lists can be defined to show lists of records based on system views that are already defined in Dynamics 365, and they can have additional filters added over and above what is defined in the system view.
When the Portals add-on is configured, you can select from several pre-defined web sites including a Partner Portal. This Partner Portal allows you to setup a website for your Partners to log in and enter Opportunities, create support cases, search knowledge, and other record types to be created or retrieved directly from your Dynamics 365 instance.
One use case for this filter condition feature can essentially give you the ability to create a My Opportunities view that will show Opportunity records assigned to the current user logged into the portal. Here are the steps to creating the My Open Opportunities Entity list for display in the portal.
1. Create a system view with the columns that you wish to surface on the portal. Set any basic filter criteria to start with (e.g. Status = Open).
2. Navigate to Portals > Entity Lists and click New to create a new entity list.
3. Set the Name, Entity Name, Website.
4. In the View iFrame, click + View.
5. Select the system view that you created in a previous step.
6. Save the record (Do not Save & Close just yet).
7. Set the other appropriate values for the entity list:
8. Scroll the form and Find the Filter Conditions section.
9. Set the Portal User Attribute to an appropriate relationship.
10. Scroll to the Options Tab and Grid Configuration iFrame. Here you can decide if you want to allow the user to create new records, edit existing records, etc.
11. Save & Close.
The main concept to take away from this scenario is the Filter Conditions where we tell the Entity List to filter the records based on the current user that is logged in to the portal. This concept can easily be adapted to other record types such as Leads, Cases, Quotes, etc. by creating or editing existing Entity List records and setting the Filter Conditions.
Be sure to subscribe to our blog!
Happy Dynamics 365’ing!