Not all of your marketing contacts are necessarily interested in all of your communication. Letting them select what communication they will want to receive can increase your customer satisfaction and retention. This is done via a Subscription Center.

A Subscription Center is basically a Marketing Page that known contacts can use to manage their communication preferences and contact details with your organization. You can read more about “Working with Subscription Centers in Dynamics 365 Marketing” in this blog post.

The center piece of a subscription center in Dynamics 365 Marketing is a socalled subscription form – a Marketing Form of the type Subscription.

You can design such a form to accomodate the choices you will give your contacts in terms of opting in or out of (parts of or all of) your communication, update preferences, and other information.

To create a subscription form

1. In the sitemap under “Internet Marketing” click Marketing Forms to open the Active Marketing Forms view
  2. In the Active Marketing Forms click + New to display the Marketing form templates dialog
  3. Select a template, eg “Blank” to create a blank form and then click Select
  4. To the right of the Header Fields in the upper right corner click the drop-down arrow and change the form type to “Subscription center”

The above steps will give you a form with the minimum required fields for letting your contacts unsubscribe from all bulk emails from you, but you would probably want to offer your contacts more granular choices.

From the toolbox (see picture below) you can add layout sections to the canvas, and style those using the Properties tab.

In the below example I’ve added a bunch of sections for a logical separation of the choices I will offer the contact, but thats not a requirement – you can add of the elements to one section of you want.

In the remainder of this blog post I will walk you through some of the many options you have for adding design elements, fields, and subscription lists to a Subcription Form in Dynamics 365 Marketing.

Fig. 1: Subscription Form

For the top of the form I’ve added a one column section and styled it with the Properties tab (“section border styles” area) to appear with dashed border and round corners. To this section I’ve added an two design elements; an “Image” (1), and “Text” (2) – to hold my logo and form header.

Then I added three sections to hold the “First Name”, “Last Name”, “Email”, and “Preferred contact method” (4) fields. These fields are all mapped to the contact record out-of-the-box.

If you wish to offer more fields than those listed in the toolbox, you can click the +New button (1) next to the “Fields” section to display the Quick Create: Marketing form field task pane. In this task pane you can create more mapped fields and subsequently drag those on to the form – eg the fields to allow or disallow phone calls and faxes (see #6 in Fig.1). Read more here: Create and manage input fields for use in forms

Fig. 2: Quick Create Marketing Form fields

To allow for subscribing or unsubscribing to subscription lists (eg Monthly or Quarterly Newsletters) I have created two subscription lists (sitemap -> “customers” -> Subscription lists). Subscription lists appear at the bottom of the toolbox (Fig.1 #5) and can be dragged on to the canvas.

I hope you will appreciate all the options you have for offering your contacts to share their preferences with you for increased customer satisfation and retention

See also:

• Create, view, and manage marketing forms – link
  • Create and manage input fields for use in forms – link
  • Insights glossary – link
  • Design elements reference – link
  • Enable prefilling for forms – link
  • Set up subscription lists and subscription centers – link