SBX - Forum Post Title

CRM in Mac

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Davyjones asked a question on 19 Dec 2016 10:27 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

We are currently in CRM 2011 and planning for an upgrade, one of the common issue we have is most of our user base have Mac's and the CRM outlook plugin cannot be installed in Office for Mac and hence they have to create manual entries in CRM like Appointments and emails which can be tracked otherwise. Is there a way this can be worked out in 2011 or is there another version of CRM which offers the tracking functionality for Mac users differently.

Thanks

Suggested Answer

Hi,

If you can upgrade to Dynamics 2016/365 you can use the lightweight client on the mac combined with server side sync.

See blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/.../the-new-light-weight-crm-app-for-outlook

Chrisgmbishop responded on 23 Jan 2018 6:45 AM

Keep an eye to what releases of Apple's OS you are using. MS Dynamics 365 does not support Outlook for mac on anything before 2014. No word on when they may be updating. Outlook works sporadically and Safari works for the most part

Alex Yeoman responded on 3 Feb 2018 2:41 PM
My Badges

Hi,

Can someone confirm whether I'm missing something here.

As I write today, it looks like the only option we have for outlook integration between Outlook for Mac and Dynamics 365 (v9.0.0.3292) is Dynamics 365 APP for outlook "PREVIEW"?

Have installed and seems to just about work ok, albeit with the limited functionality, but not a viable option for production users.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Chrisgmbishop responded on 3 Feb 2018 2:45 PM

Looks about it. They’re not too keen on keeping Apple users in the loop. Outlook for iOS now no longer supports 8.0+.

I’ll have to see how 9.0+ looks when we upgrade later this month. Fingers are crossed that I’ll once again be able to use more than the web apps again soon.

Alex Yeoman responded on 3 Feb 2018 3:01 PM
My Badges

Thanks for the quick reply Chris, hopefully we'll move past the preview soon, and the subsequent release version will be supported for Mac.

Dreday responded on 16 Sep 2018 10:01 AM

Hi Alex. Curious to hear if you are still experiencing issues as a Mac user or if things have been sorted out with outlook for Mac and D365? Thx!

Suggested Answer

Hi,

If you can upgrade to Dynamics 2016/365 you can use the lightweight client on the mac combined with server side sync.

See blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/.../the-new-light-weight-crm-app-for-outlook

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS